Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Though I will admit that I play Federation alot more than the Klingons, I do enjoy going over to that side every now and then. Our Fleet has Mondays and Fridays reserved as our Klingon Days.

With that being said I would like to see the following things in the future for the Klingon Faction.

Races:
Female versions of the Gorn, Nausicaans and Letheans
Kriosians (they are a subject species of the Klingons)
Arin'Sen (they are also a subject species and also already have parts in the character creator)

Ships:
Gorn, Nausicaan and Orion Ships

- These are already in the game. The Klingon Empire isn't really as huge into resources as the Federation since they mostly do rely on themselves to get the job done, and it isn't that far fetched for them to accept other ships from at least the Gorn into their ranks. It would be nice to have for variety's sake and it would make things on the Klingon-side seem more realistic - at least in my opinion. They should also come with some bridges of their own.

Uniforms:
More uniforms and customization options for the uniforms for the Klingons! Get the concept art people to draw up some stuff. There isn't enough variety currently on the Klingon side.. though this isn't that huge of a deal.

PVE
This goes without question that the Klingon faction could benefit from more PVE and Episodic Content.. yes they are supposed to be PVP focused.. however not everyone likes PVP and there are a ton of people that like Klingons.

PVP Maps
More PVP maps.. it gets old doing the same ones over and over again.

This is all that I can think of for now.. but things are generally heading int he right direction for the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2010, 11:28 AM
PVE definitely. I want to see Klingon play on par with fed play. we should be able to experience the same immersive game that they do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2010, 12:20 PM
I agree, A little bit more PvP in the mix would be appreciated. When PvP que's get slow, I want to be able to do something other than sit around.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2010, 12:34 PM
More PvE is needed and I would say episodes are the way to go not more exploration.

Better PvP more object driven, better quests, better rewards and an open planet where I dont just have to kill the same 5 people over and over.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2010, 01:47 PM
While not disagreeing with anything here , I'll just add . How about this faction getting some sort of story line ?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2010, 07:10 AM
Better PvP. Individual dueling/tournaments (with Bat'leth or other weapons), open multi-tier ground and space, 20-40 player games/training events/contests.

Much more (100x more?) PvE to include arcing storyline, time travel, etc.

Character/ship customization on a par with Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
Though I will admit that I play Federation alot more than the Klingons, I do enjoy going over to that side every now and then. Our Fleet has Mondays and Fridays reserved as our Klingon Days.

With that being said I would like to see the following things in the future for the Klingon Faction.

Races:
Female versions of the Gorn, Nausicaans and Letheans
Kriosians (they are a subject species of the Klingons)
Arin'Sen (they are also a subject species and also already have parts in the character creator)

Ships:
Gorn, Nausicaan and Orion Ships

- These are already in the game. The Klingon Empire isn't really as huge into resources as the Federation since they mostly do rely on themselves to get the job done, and it isn't that far fetched for them to accept other ships from at least the Gorn into their ranks. It would be nice to have for variety's sake and it would make things on the Klingon-side seem more realistic - at least in my opinion. They should also come with some bridges of their own.

Uniforms:
More uniforms and customization options for the uniforms for the Klingons! Get the concept art people to draw up some stuff. There isn't enough variety currently on the Klingon side.. though this isn't that huge of a deal.

PVE
This goes without question that the Klingon faction could benefit from more PVE and Episodic Content.. yes they are supposed to be PVP focused.. however not everyone likes PVP and there are a ton of people that like Klingons.

PVP Maps
More PVP maps.. it gets old doing the same ones over and over again.

This is all that I can think of for now.. but things are generally heading int he right direction for the Klingons.
Sorry, but those Kriosians are NOT the same Kriosians from "In the Mind's Eye"
It was an error tha gave both races the same name.
StarTrek.com explicitly stares these are not the same.

"A name coincidentally shared by two different planets and/or star systems. One is the only Klingon colony along the Federation border -- far from Romulan space -- where Starfleet is accused by its governor of aiding rebels fighting for independence, a plot later pinned opn the Romulans. Another, with at least interstellar fliught centuries ago, had been involved in a war with neighboring system Valt Minor for that long until a Ceremony of Reconciliation was held aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise midway between their systems circa stardate 45780, in 2368. "

It would also not make sense storywise to have the Federation deliver Kamala to a Klingon-conquered world.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2010, 09:34 AM
I second the suggestions, as well as the one stating that the Klingons desperately need a storyline. And I would love Cryptic forever if that storyline was narrated by Michael Dorn (aka Worf.)
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Sorry, but those Kriosians are NOT the same Kriosians from "In the Mind's Eye"
It was an error tha gave both races the same name.
StarTrek.com explicitly stares these are not the same.
No offense, but StarTrek.com is horribly outdated and is a website that hardly works properly.

With that being said, the Kriosians from TNG were fighting for Klingon independance. I did find a snippit from ST.com which is completely wrong cause they are saying it's from DS9 -_- when it's clearly from TNG.

Here's the reference I'm talking about.

Quote:
Kriosians
Episode: DS9 462 - Prophet Motive

Planet: Krios. The tall, slender humanoid members if this species share similarities in their skin pigments a dark-spotted, skin pattern along the hairline and down the neck and spine with the Valtese, not unlike some Trill hosts. No strangers to the outside galaxy, they educate Kamala about topics ranging from archaeology to Earth's Shakespeare and rich musical traditions, as well as about the culture of Valtese. This race should not be confused with another group of Kriosians, who were fighting for independence as a Klingon colony in 2367.
I think Memory-Alpha has it right.. I wouldn't second guess them as they are the most true Trek information site on the internet out there. The Star Trek.com site is by far the most worthless site out there for Trek information to be honest. If MA says they are the same race.. then they are. Not sure how you can explain away the markings both set of "Kriosians" had.

To me I look at it as saying that there were a few groups of Kriosians.. Kamala and her group were not part of the ones that were fighting for independence as a Klingon colony at the time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Funny that you mention Memory Alpha, since it expicitly refers to the article at StarTrek.com and it also notices that the planets are so very different that it is highly unlikely they are the same.
Please take a look here:

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Krios_Prime

Oh and since I've recently seen "In the mind's Eye": I cannot remember that there was ever a Kriosian visible in that episode.