Lt. Commander
# 11
03-26-2010, 11:11 AM
You don't need to do the virus at all -- it just lowers the enemy points faster.

Read the green text when you zone in. It tells you the rules (you can skip the "blah blah" white text, which is just PvE jargon).

Each team starts with 60 points ("layers").
Kill an enemy team member to reduce the layer count by 1.
Upload a virus to the console in the middle to reduce the layer count by 3.
Upload a virus to the console at the enemy base to reduce the layer count by 7.

You can pick up a virus at your team's base console, right where the enemy will be trying to get to in order to upload their own viruses.

Potentially it's a fun game though I agree that in it's very 1998 in its delivery. If this was Team Fortress 2, we'd be getting loud voice announcements as to the state of events. ("BLUE TEAM HAS PICKED UP A VIRUS." / "BLUE TEAM IS BEGINNING TO UPLOAD A VIRUS!" / "YOU FAIL! BLUE TEAM HAS UPLOADED A VIRUS!")

Cryptic is just so far out of touch with the state of gaming. This, frankly, is my last Cryptic game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-26-2010, 11:24 AM
i also really enjoy that map.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
You don't need to do the virus at all -- it just lowers the enemy points faster.

Read the green text when you zone in. It tells you the rules (you can skip the "blah blah" white text, which is just PvE jargon).

Each team starts with 60 points ("layers").
Kill an enemy team member to reduce the layer count by 1.
Upload a virus to the console in the middle to reduce the layer count by 3.
Upload a virus to the console at the enemy base to reduce the layer count by 7.

You can pick up a virus at your team's base console, right where the enemy will be trying to get to in order to upload their own viruses.

Potentially it's a fun game though I agree that in it's very 1998 in its delivery. If this was Team Fortress 2, we'd be getting loud voice announcements as to the state of events. ("BLUE TEAM HAS PICKED UP A VIRUS." / "BLUE TEAM IS BEGINNING TO UPLOAD A VIRUS!" / "YOU FAIL! BLUE TEAM HAS UPLOADED A VIRUS!")

Cryptic is just so far out of touch with the state of gaming. This, frankly, is my last Cryptic game.

I am not so sure about the flat out killing other players thing. I have watched the ticker during firefights and noticed it not dropping on a kill. I could have just not been paying close enough attention though.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrishmal View Post
I am not so sure about the flat out killing other players thing. I have watched the ticker during firefights and noticed it not dropping on a kill. I could have just not been paying close enough attention though.
If it doesn't go down for a kill, it's a bug or the green text at the start of the mission is wrong.