Lt. Commander
# 1 Admiral Level Mission request
03-23-2010, 01:08 PM
I was wondering if Cryptic has plans to make content that falls between the STF and the normal missions in difficulty. Something that is impossible to solo, but that could be done with 2-3 people with difficulty, and with 4-5 people in an hour or so.

Even though I have 2 RA5s, I haven't been able to run Infected because it is such an investment of time, preparation, and focus. I am interested in more casual level content that still presents a challege. The non-STF missions can all be done solo (and most of the time drunk, half-asleep, or mostly AFK). I'd like something I can log in...grab a few fleeties or get into a PUG, and run in an hour that is challenging and rewarding.

Is this in the cards for STO?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Have you thought to read the engineering report to see whats coming.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Yes I have. There's nothing that sounds like this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm11
Yes I have. There's nothing that sounds like this.
Level banded Fleet Actions? (plus two new fleet actions)

p.s. the only reason Infected can't be soloed is because I can't click three intractable objects fast enough to drop a shield.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legatus
Level banded Fleet Actions? (plus two new fleet actions)
Agreed, but FAs are a large scale event, not an episodic mission, which is what I was referring to.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Question then how do STF's not fall into this skill frame?

Quote:
Something that is impossible to solo, but that could be done with 2-3 people with difficulty, and with 4-5 people in an hour or so.
STF: Infected (I'm not commenting on Cure yet since I haven't yet run it on live)

Impossible to solo - check (need 3 to click the consoles, which is the only restriction)
Done with difficulty with 3 - check (I've done it with 4 in about 1.5hrs, extra person could be dropped)
4-5 people in an hour - check (see above, completed with 4 in 1.5hrs, average time with 5 is just over an hour).

As far as making STF's easier - that, is not in the cards.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2010, 02:49 AM
Legatus
The last 7 times I have tried to do a Fleet Action I.ve been the only one there. Breaking the Planet last night and I gave up because I was becoming board with it. No idea wehter I might have completed it solo or not. Others such as infected iand the big dig mpossible to do alone.
Ended uo logging out in disgust.
if they had made them to adapt to the number of players I might have kept paying but now there s no reason to.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
Legatus
The last 7 times I have tried to do a Fleet Action I.ve been the only one there. Breaking the Planet last night and I gave up because I was becoming board with it. No idea wehter I might have completed it solo or not. Others such as infected iand the big dig mpossible to do alone.
Ended uo logging out in disgust.
if they had made them to adapt to the number of players I might have kept paying but now there s no reason to.
Sorry, not sure on your question Kevscar? Grimm11 was asking about group content that wasn't as difficult as the STF's so I pointed him to the new level banded Fleet Actions which are meant to be group content (make a pug first or get your fleetmates and go). I can't speak about any of them being soloable now as I haven't tried personally. I would presume the problem with FA's (apart from having to fly to a zone that you have no other purpose in) is that 90% of the people playing the game don't read patch notes or the forums so they probably don't even realize that you can go back and play those level banded as RA5 now; hence why they're empty. If you do get a group though, everything in there drops Mk IX gear for a RA (including a blue Mk IX reward at the end).

None of the Fleet Actions or the STF's are group size scalable. That's part of the challenge soloing them: you're doing content designed for 5 or more (in the case of Fleet actions) people. Again, I haven't gone and tried the two new FA's (big dig and ds9), so I don't know what they're all about. Having said that, I would think that you'll get more RA's at DS9 since they're at least in the area doing level up quests and there's not enough episode quests to level up, so they're looking for content there.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2010, 01:25 PM
What I am saying is you can go to these expecting to join a group and end up on your own 7 out of the last 8 attempts at Fleet Actions have been me alone so there is no guarantee that you will be in a group because of the banding.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
What I am saying is you can go to these expecting to join a group and end up on your own 7 out of the last 8 attempts at Fleet Actions have been me alone so there is no guarantee that you will be in a group because of the banding.
Ya, I agree completely with that. Like I said: most people don't even know they exist. This doesn't help anyone who randomly flies there and tries to do it. What it does however is give people who spam for pugs something else to do (build your group first, then fly there). Or fleets who are looking for content to do (or want something easier than STF's) can now go to any FA and run them.