Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I tried to find a post about this but I didn't see one so here it is.

Every time I'm in PvP, when I go to heal my ship (engineering team or science team) it always goes to a team mate. It happens even when I'm not teamed up with anyone. I know when you click on a team mate you can perform this function, but there are times that it does it and I haven't clicked on anyone but the enemy.

So after a few PvP matches I started to notice, it happens every time that a team mate is in view and within 10 kiloliters, if I hit one of those abilities it will go to them instead of my self. Has anyone else had this mis-hap.

It even happens with power ups (like auxiliary power to what ever you're sending it to.)

The worst part about it, is that when this happens I'm now locked-on to a friendly instead of a enemy, and my ship stops auto firing at my last target.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2010, 11:05 AM
You can turn that off. i have to manually target a team player to have my abilities effect them
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTGraves View Post
I tried to find a post about this but I didn't see one so here it is.

Every time I'm in PvP, when I go to heal my ship (engineering team or science team) it always goes to a team mate. It happens even when I'm not teamed up with anyone. I know when you click on a team mate you can perform this function, but there are times that it does it and I haven't clicked on anyone but the enemy.

So after a few PvP matches I started to notice, it happens every time that a team mate is in view and within 10 kiloliters, if I hit one of those abilities it will go to them instead of my self. Has anyone else had this mis-hap.

It even happens with power ups (like auxiliary power to what ever you're sending it to.)

The worst part about it, is that when this happens I'm now locked-on to a friendly instead of a enemy, and my ship stops auto firing at my last target.

Turn off your assist on attack option in the options menu. It will prevent this kind of thing from happening.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2010, 11:06 AM
There is an option that you may have set that causes helpful abilities (like heals) to go to your target's target if you have an enemy targeted, and damaging abilities to do the same if you have a friendly targeted.

So, assuming you have an enemy targetted and use a healing ability - if that enemy has someone besides yourself targeted, your heal will go to them instead of yourself. If you have a friendly targeted and fire a phaser (or other weapon) it will attack your friendly's target (if they have one).

To ensure you specifically heal yourself, just clear your target before using the ability.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2010, 03:20 PM
I did not know that. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-27-2010, 04:47 AM
ha kinda sad im RA5 fed and captain 8 KDF and didnt know the specifics about that. i always clicked blank space to clear my target then hit whatever ability i needed(if i needed it) then retarget. never bothered to look into options b/c it was useful at times.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-27-2010, 05:02 AM
escape f1 ftw