Lt. Commander
# 11
03-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Someone wants traitorous characters please think about it. While the Klingons may be a "Bad" guy their honor code would prevent them from giving captaincy to someone that is a traitor.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Someone wants traitorous characters please think about it. While the Klingons may be a "Bad" guy their honor code would prevent them from giving captaincy to someone that is a traitor.

The Feds have no problem accepting traitors to their species? One would think KDF intelligence might slip a few spies in amongst those Fed faction Klingon traitors. By the same token, KDF should have no problem accepting an occasional sociopath or mercenary Federation species Captain. Who better to use on a suicide mission? Or are those Fed Klingons all clones, store bought and brainwashed faux Klingons?

Maybe the Klingons raised a test batch of Federation species clones and brought them up as Klingons? There could be many twists of logic no more contrived than how there came to be so many Klingons serving in Star Fleet.

A stray thought - at this point there may be more RA Klingons than BG Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-19-2010, 09:23 PM
The feds and klings were being nice to each other for a while, so some klingons might have moved fed side, and some fed species kling side, it's something that happens an awful lot "my god that's an afghan descendant in the british army fighting afghans, impossible!", wapanese wanting to move to Japan etc.

Additionally if we're to go "canon" on this then you have to remove gorns,orions,letheans,custom aliens and **** too from klingons, the argument it's not seen on screen so shouldn't ever happen in a game is ridiculous when taken to it's conclusion, which basically ends up as all klingons should be able to play is 1 species...... klingons, yay how very fun.

Klingons don't accept traitors? They seemed to warm up enough to Worf.

Drop the heresy to canon stuff already.

It's amusing Star Trek apparently is meant to encourage things like open mindedness but some canon lovers can be anything but.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR512 View Post
In case the title wasn't clear, let me reiterate from the beginning that this question is about Klingons in the Federation. The playable Federation Klingon that players can buy from the C-Store for 240 points, unlocking Klingon as a race for future playable characters.

My Federation Klingon has a tribble equipped. When I "use" it, I see the tribble bounce twice in my hand, and my character snaps his head back like he's saying, "WTF is this?" Then he pokes at the tribble, and it bounces again, then he puts it away.

The tribble buffs never show up on my character.

Can this character not get tribble buffs because he's a Klingon and Klingons and tribbles don't get along? Or do the buffs just not show up anymore, by intent or some newly-introduced bug?
watch the Star Trek Deep Space 9 episode when the crew of the Defiant meet the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 TOS at the K-9 Space Station, listen to Worf and the other Klingons. The Tribble is the MORTAL enemy of the Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 15 fed klingon
03-27-2010, 06:19 AM
They could make the targ pet something very small and puppy-like for the Klingon to pet or whatever providing the buff like that disgusting rodent tribble does - or make us endure the high pitched squealing before we get the buff. How bout the beam out animation. I dont tap my combadge - I do something on my wrist different from all my BO's. Not a big deal just an observation.