Lt. Commander
1. did they up the range on the ring of death, it seem that ppl can get hit by it from half way across the room. i was sure that b4 the patch the range wsa only, like 3 meter (ie 2 man length).

2. i know the ring of death dont need any LOS, it is random. but it appears that the discharge (ie those shots thatd damage others) does require LOS. i was able to hide behind a cover shield and not get hit by it. can anyone confirm that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2010, 08:12 PM
The range was more than half the room pre patch.

And I think I can confirm that you need LOS to other players to attack them with the AoE when it discharges.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2010, 02:54 AM
Attacked her twice sence season 1 patch, first time she seem to just act as normal and went down ok, but last night she was the worst I've ever seen her. Good group of people had several goes at her but wasted us faster than hypo/shield packs and medic could keep up.
That was certainly was the most aggressive/fastest AoE spam I've ever seen her, but that may just have been bad luck on our part rathure than any patch change.

Thanks for the info on the LOS, will make sure each time someone is blue circled they get behind a cover shield between them and the rest of us each time.

Oh, and yeah, the range on the lightening is huge, think as long as our own special attacks so nearly full length of room :/
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2010, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
You will not face the queen until STF: Into the Hive... Manus aka Rebbca Simons was not the Queen.. she is just a minion.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2010, 07:04 AM
cheers all..
although i;ve learn that inflected queen was not THE QUEEN.
o well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-27-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogahma View Post
That was certainly was the most aggressive/fastest AoE spam I've ever seen her, but that may just have been bad luck on our part rathure than any patch change.
That happened to us one or two days before the patch went live. She wiped us in less than a minute several times in a row and we hadn't a clue why.

But, oh well, it's rather easy now, isn't it? We fought her in the middle yesterday and tried to use a cover shield to break LOS to other team members when blue circled but it did not work that well. So we basically stood one next to the other in the center of the room and finished her.