Lt. Commander
This is not really an issue, I just didn't know where to ask this.

I was just looking over the game files in an attempt to find the files for the ship models. I gather they must be wrapped up in one of the hogg files. I was hoping to open a couple to get a good sense of thier dimensions and your methods for making them modular.

Why? ..I concider myself a pretty good 3d modeler (although I suck at texturing) and would like to help build altranate Klg variants that folks can use to modify the look of thier ships.

So I ask ..could you make the base model for each class available in .obj format so we can play around with them ..and afterward, present to you the models we think may work for you?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grecanis View Post
This is not really an issue, I just didn't know where to ask this.

I was just looking over the game files in an attempt to find the files for the ship models. I gather they must be wrapped up in one of the hogg files. I was hoping to open a couple to get a good sense of thier dimensions and your methods for making them modular.

Why? ..I concider myself a pretty good 3d modeler (although I suck at texturing) and would like to help build altranate Klg variants that folks can use to modify the look of thier ships.

So I ask ..could you make the base model for each class available in .obj format so we can play around with them ..and afterward, present to you the models we think may work for you?
Noble goal but it'll never happen. The designs are property of cryptic, trademarked and copyrighted, they wont just give them away.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2010, 08:44 AM
a little legal mumbo-jumbo would take care of that.