Lt. Commander
# 1 Sudden loss of FPS tonight
03-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Last night, 3/25, I had fine FPS. Not sure what it was but it was >60 I am sure. Tonight, I turned on /showFPS to see what the heck was going on and I am down to 11fps. Thats completely ridiculous. This computer is a i7, 6gig and a 260 and only 11fps? It was fine last night and now a mini-patch of some sorts and the fps is tanked.

Nothing changed on the computer other than STO. Guild Wars and DDO both run smooth as silk pie. Not STO.

I can't play with it like this. I entered SB24 and it was a freakin slideshow. Something changed with the latest patch is all I can figure. Whatever it is we need to get this resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2010, 12:20 AM
I had this is on the Starbase during infected..... though only when in combat my FPS droped like a stone each time just a single person where shooting. had to turn my system WAY down.. and i'm on an intell Quad.. 4gig nvid 250 1gig normaly run the room on max settings and gets about 30 to 40fps and tonight when fighting the borgs i where lucky to just get 10...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2010, 03:44 AM
What's the deal with graying out Mutli-CPU rendering? I'm running on a Q6600 for fraks sake...

Like the posters above me, I can't even run Earth Spacedock smooth anymore on my q6600, ati 4870 on max detail with 2AA, 16AF in 1920x1200. Wasn't a problem couple weeks ago, now it is.

/fail again....I mean I'm off for a couple weeks and this is what I get when I come back?....man, that's some serious /fail, I tells ya!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Ok, I found the problem! I had an extra GameClient.exe+32 (meaning I had 2 copies of STO running) in my task manager's process listing. No STO was present on the task bar after I closed the session I was playing yet the 2nd GameClient.exe remained. After I killed that process (which is STO) I could launch and play STO at full frame rates.

Only thing I can think of is STO crashed instead of closing the program out properly and left an instance running in memory taking up FPS and GPU cycles. I am back to 80fps or so.