Lt. Commander
# 41
03-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
So does that mean you are working on a fix or are we just SOL have to continue to either drop these missions or take an hour or so to do grid searches?

God, I really hope you guys are looking into a fix for this.

I think what he's saying is that tricorders were never originally designed to pick up destructible objects. Which means they would have to recode how the tricorders work globally. That sounds like a big project and not something we're going to get soon. Again my interpretation. It would be nice if a DEV would post something a little more definitive (i..e "yes we're looking into it..but it will take awhile" or" no, sorry its not enough of a showstopper to worry about now.").

Overall I love the new content and it make sense how the Klingon explore missions work. It's just a bummer the tricorder issue wasn't factored into the design.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstahr View Post
I think what he's saying is that tricorders were never originally designed to pick up destructible objects. Which means they would have to recode how the tricorders work globally. That sounds like a big project and not something we're going to get soon. Again my interpretation. It would be nice if a DEV would post something a little more definitive (i..e "yes we're looking into it..but it will take awhile" or" no, sorry its not enough of a showstopper to worry about now.").

Overall I love the new content and it make sense how the Klingon explore missions work. It's just a bummer the tricorder issue wasn't factored into the design.
The Tricorder issue was raised on Tribble by players.
All of us considered it a bug!
Disappointing that this issue will be around for quite some time and we await word that its been put on the " fix it" list.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-27-2010, 12:24 PM
I might have to actually check out the explore missions. I did exactly one exploration mission on the Fed side when I first got it at level 4 or whatever, but it was boring as crap and not related to any sort of story, so I haven't done any since.

At one system I flew around and collected anomalies, at one I flew around and scanned asteroids, and at another I beamed down and scanned plants or something with a tricorder. And then there's all the time I spent flying around the star cluster, checking out every sensor reading and finding that most of them were just anomalies. I guess I got unlucky or something, but that mission was dull enough to put exploration into the "never again" category.

I was a little miffed when I found out that "Klingon PvE" was going to be the one type of PvE I avoid like the plague Fed side. But from what you guys are saying I might have to check it out. It seems like I was just randomly given the dullest missions possible when I tried them before.

I'd still rather have patrols or actual story missions. Patrols still have some dull parts, but at least you don't have to waste time checking out sensor contacts that turn out to be nothing first.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Ive been doing the BG level explores, the difference between them and the B'tran is night and day.

First, ive yet to come across a glitched mission with no enemy spawns like I often do in the B'tran.

Second, the new variety of missions is well done. Im not hitting the gather data mission every other one like I do in B'tran.

Only thing I dont like is the "Nothing of interest to the Empire" nodes, it dose fit the Klingon theme, but I have had several string in a row.

With the new patch, I would go sofar as to say the Klingons have a better endgame then the feds, since I do not raid.

Now make it so that when your doing these missions in a group, you can bypass the sector scanning block and proceed directly to another random mission after completing one-this will prevent glitching where players end up in different instances.