Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground war zone ?
03-29-2010, 02:24 AM
I noticed that we got a ground war zone Quay'qhun sytem. I gave it a go today. It is by far the largest open ground area I have seen so far in-game. There are borg scattered throughout the map. Your first task is to free 5 scientists, than upload the virus into the main computer in the center of the map.

Has anyone else tried this map ? Seems like a good alternative to our space war zones.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2010, 03:39 AM
Yee i saw it allso yesterday, but i didnt try it, but i looks awesome
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2010, 03:42 AM
Ker'rat on ground?! Sounds awesome, I will definitely give it a go. Please tell me you can kill other players as well as complete objectives!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2010, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZATZAi View Post
Ker'rat on ground?! Sounds awesome, I will definitely give it a go. Please tell me you can kill other players as well as complete objectives!
Is there a fed vs klingon version of this?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2010, 09:10 AM
I've done this map and soloed it. Tactical KDF BG5 though.

Its fun, the first part is free the scientists. You can train each group of Borg that are protecting one scientist. I used cover, smoke and photon grenades along the way. If you don't have a split beam weapon by now you really should have one for here. It helps a lot in all ground PvP. After training and clearing the Borg and getting the 5 scientists you are tasked with uploading a virus into 4 Borg terminals in the center. Pretty easy as they aren't any Borg guarding those, just turrets. The reward is a random Blue piece of gear.

Just FYI there is another hugh ground zone to retrieve the Archaeologists, then kill 100 Romulans then secure 20 artifacts with shields (shield generators are found throughout the zone). I only got to the point of getting the 20 shield generators up before the mass of people I was with seemed to disperse so I am uncertain what the reward is. Sorry I don't remember what system that is.

Don't forget the Crystalline Entity is also near Qonos in the Quv'at Sector or something like that (sorry I'd have to look up the name). And no its not solo able, I've tried. It through bits of ice at you that are deadly when they hit.

Kinja posted this map in another thread, I thought it might be useful here as well due to questions on where things are :

http://suricatasblog.files.wordpress...tdesktopv2.png
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2010, 09:27 AM
I tried it on Tribble. Solo with Lt Commander 1, because no-one else was there, lol I assume it's way more fun with a team and the permanently appearing mobs were quite a pain for me alone. I'll definately get back there, I liked the map a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-29-2010, 10:54 AM
I tried a few matches over the weekend on my new Klingon and rather enjoyed it.

Has the Romulan Dig been fixed yet? Last time I tried we got stuck at 19/20 shields despite us counting 20.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-29-2010, 03:20 PM
This was around in beta then removed for some time. The FvK version is the Otha system in the neutral zone. It has always been one of the best things to do in game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwlightTemple
Just FYI there is another hugh ground zone to retrieve the Archaeologists, then kill 100 Romulans then secure 20 artifacts with shields (shield generators are found throughout the zone). I only got to the point of getting the 20 shield generators up before the mass of people I was with seemed to disperse so I am uncertain what the reward is. Sorry I don't remember what system that is.

Don't forget the Crystalline Entity is also near Qonos in the Quv'at Sector or something like that (sorry I'd have to look up the name). And no its not solo able, I've tried. It through bits of ice at you that are deadly when they hit.
Those two are fleet actions, not war zones. The Big Dig was bugged when I did it yesterday. The CE I've avoided because it's ... not fun.