Lt. Commander
Are boarding parties still good skills, or need some buf***e? better in pve or pvp?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2010, 04:48 PM
I don't fly a cruiser, but fly a lot of PvP and I didn't see a single boarding party for 2 or 3 weeks now.

I heard the main problems are: Fragile slow flying shotable ship
If it makes it to the target (unlikely) it takes ages to disable a subsystem, but there is only a chance to do so, it can also happen the boarding party was a complete miss. Because it takes so long, there are chances and you don't immediatly see the effects of a disabled system, except maybe a disabled shield system, you hardly ever see an effect, making it less satisfying.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-28-2010, 04:52 PM
I use them in PvP sometimes. They're good against someone shooting everything and takes some heat off of your shields. But that's just me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2010, 07:36 AM
drop them within 1-2km for best results. the opponent has very little time to shoot them down
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2010, 07:38 AM
ya I usually drop them right as our ships are passing each other. Not sure how effective they are, but, I have to hope that they do something, and when they do it, it will give me the advantage.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNirraw
ya I usually drop them right as our ships are passing each other. Not sure how effective they are, but, I have to hope that they do something, and when they do it, it will give me the advantage.
each shuttle can disable a random subsystem for a set amount of time.

best I've gotten was shields and engines for 30 seconds. That guy was very angry.