Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-28-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakkan View Post
Patience...
Asking a question doesnt mean a person doesnt have patience. That said, patience has limits. The Klingon faction currently has about 1/10 the amount of content an MMO faction should have at launch, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with saying so.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-28-2010, 03:11 PM
We were told that at launch there was a lack of KDF content. I'm not saying I don't want more, we all do. But we've been told its in the works, and even have a tentative time frame. So yes, I say "patience".
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-28-2010, 03:51 PM
I agree. I would like to see the Klingon content mature before expanding to another race. I have a friend I have been holding back from starting STO because he wants to only play Klingon. If he did, he'd quit the game in a week. There's not enough to do or be for that matter. When Klingons have as much to do as the Fed, then I can refer people whom I know would love the experience.
On a more serious note,they should realize these races are whole lifestyles within themselves. Remember the story out of Oregon where the couple had their young child taken by the state because they only taught him to speak Klingon? I know that's extreme, but it lends credence to my argument that it can be a lifestyle. If you cheapen the character, you take enjoyment from the game.
Lt. Commander
# 14 awesome
03-28-2010, 05:23 PM
I'd have to agree with you fluvius i was about to quit ( already bought battlefield bad company 2 haha) then the new patch and i don't know it doesn't sound like much but there are so many things to do now, 2 end game raids, extra daily and anti borg weapons to look forward. 3 cheers for cryptic on them giving us something after we bad mouthed them woohoo.

ok thanks bye.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakkan View Post
We were told that at launch there was a lack of KDF content. I'm not saying I don't want more, we all do. But we've been told its in the works, and even have a tentative time frame. So yes, I say "patience".
Asking a question doesnt mean a person doesnt have patience. That said, patience has limits. The Klingon faction currently has about 1/10 the amount of content an MMO faction should have at launch, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with saying so.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-29-2010, 05:48 AM
Is there an echo in here?

Echo.... echo....

(sorry, couldn't resist. I do understand your point. Perhaps I needed to exercise more patience in responding to you.)
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-29-2010, 11:37 PM
eh I just logged in to see if I would be continuing.

I login to the part of the game that matters to me and probably a great many that play this game (the pvp not the pve) and I have to say that any of the problems that I had hoped would be fixed are not fixed.

I like the respecs but that is about it. the pve in this game is nice but is very mundane due to the lack of persistent world etc there is no real large exploration feel to it no real discovery to it.

So all that remains to keep one interested over the long term is pvp. I hate to say it I jsut saw the same thing I saw when I left a month ago to play another game. People rushing to get their marks (not sure why I see no rush) people finding the quickest way to end matches. (spawn camp woot ) Even the ones that require an objective be completed the new shanty town which looked kinda cool is ruined by people just standing at spawn points farming the opposite side.

These things are not fun and there is no real point to them other then to end a match as quickly as possible to get more medals or something.

In short the game lacks long term playability. I have leveled up 2 admirals and have one almost at the cap and took time off to boot.

I paid for 3 months (well I have two months left) but I guess its time to call it quits.

Noctic Dathir
Toystarm Gyth
(retired)