Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship Turning
03-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Everytime i turn my ship i get this wobbling effect and I don't know how to fix it does anyone have a suggestion to fix it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exeon View Post
Everytime i turn my ship i get this wobbling effect and I don't know how to fix it does anyone have a suggestion to fix it?
Drink less beer. I did that and found the wobbling soon went away.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
"Wobbling"? I assume you don't mean the ship tilting on turns, because that's just how it works.

If you're turning by tapping a key, try holding the key down steadily.

If that's not it, can you give us a fuller description of this "wobble"?

(Or you could just rename your ship the "Weeble".)
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Do you mean sort of a jittering/rubber-banding effect? If so, that might be due to lag either on the servers or on your end. The only other possibility I can think of is a graphical issue.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Do you mean sort of a jittering/rubber-banding effect? If so, that might be due to lag either on the servers or on your end. The only other possibility I can think of is a graphical issue.
might be the lag or the graphics since i am on my laptop lol thanks for the advice all of you
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
might be the lag or the graphics since i am on my laptop lol thanks for the advice all of you
No problem. If you want to get the most performance out of your laptop for STO, I'd recommend following this guide by mavgeek: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=73564. There's a ton of good advice in there for what to turn up and turn down if you're trying to get the best performance out of slow GPUs/video cards/PCs.