Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31 Open your minds...
03-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMadman View Post
People understand. They just don't want changes that don't need to be made. Especially ones that weaken.
DlMadMan,

I underestand the lashback from the Klingon community considering all the Fed requests for nerfing the Klingons, I do. But that's not what this thread is about bro...

Besides, how does a bump of 33%-40% in hull, shields, and DPS constitute a "weakened" state?
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xygenthief View Post
ISo my suggestion/idea is to make each BoP weaker than it is by 1/3. Inversely make it so that your single BoP exists on the battlefield as 3 separate ships, sort of like a photonic fleet only the ships fly information with you at all times. When you hit the space bar all three ships fire simultaneously, albeit at a 1/3 normal rate. This way, when you lose one of your BoPs your DPS, max hull strength, and max shields are all reduced by 1/3.

At the same time make the BoP officer loadout more simplified. Only basic engineering and science abilities while offering multiple high level tactical abilities/officers.

The ability to criple a BoP DPS
would be a very likable idea. It would force even more strategic gameplay (i.e. as fed do you finish off the last BoP for the point making it so he can respawn, or as the Klingon do I self destruct to get my DPS back up again but force my team to take a point loss).

Edit: when reading the part about the photonic fleet please keep in mind I am not suggesting we use the photonic fleet AI by any means. I simply envisioned 2 other BoPs flying in formation with me firing simultaneously when I do etc...
It looks like you want to change the bop for the worse for me.
Lt. Commander
# 33 Sadly
03-30-2010, 06:04 PM
That seems to be the consensus...
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-31-2010, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuyun
I fully understand your post, its you who isn't realizing that no one agrees with you about it.

Wasnt it the 2 female klingons, lursa and b'etor(sp?) in generations using an outdated 20 yr older BoP to almost destroy the enterprise solo? In fact, its because of there damage to enterprise that it crashed.
Well, not every Bird of Prey can have a spy on board the target ship that sends it the ships shield frequency and allows it to bombard at high speed. The Enterprise was without shields and took several hits. The Bird of Prey took what - 3 torpedos once it shields were down? And was utterly destroyed. I am not convinced the current gameplay in PVP reflects such a difference. (If it did; I am sure the BoP would be considered underpowered and useless).
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The Bird of Prey took what - 3 torpedos once it shields were down?
Close, it was just one single Photon Torpedo from the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D.

Klingon Officer said "We are cloaking"!

One of the Duras Sisters rsponded saying "WHAT"!

Commander William T. Riker ordered Worf to "FIRE" and the single torp fired, then they went boom! LoL