Lt. Commander
# 11
03-25-2010, 08:10 PM
STARFLEET DEFENDERS

STARFLEET DEFENDERS is a mature, casual fleet for adult STO players. We are a fun fleet who is more concerned about playing together and enjoying each others company than getting to the highest level. No matter what we do, we will enjoy doing it together. I believe that each member is unique and has something to add to the overall personality of the fleet.

Whether you will be a casual gamer who only plays twice a week or an avid gamer who never logs off doesn't matter to us. STARFLEET DEFENDERS is looking for members with personality!!

100+ plus members canít be wrong!!

Bottom line is when it comes down to it you get an established fleet that has been around since early beta with a mature membership base from all around the world so no matter what time you log in to play there is usually someone online. We have our own website, forums and vent server.

Be a part of a fleet that's going to make STO history, not be STO history in a few months!!

STARFLEET DEFENDERS Web Site

STARFLEET DEFENDERS Recruitment Thread

STARFLEET DEFENDERS Recruitment Video
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-25-2010, 08:13 PM
why don't you just get on SFO channel and chat with us and team with us
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-27-2010, 06:40 AM
The Sentinels are a multi-gaming community with an average age of 30+ and no drama!

We have an active membership in several different MMO's and are building our Starfleet Division here in STO. At this point we have about 50 to 60 active members in our fleet and are steadily growing. The overall guild has over 500 active members and we also maintain our own guild Ventrilo server. We look for quality over quantity, and have a very thorough application process. Its our goal to make sure you are as happy with us as we will be with you.

Our retention rate is very high as we promote more of a gaming community then a single game guild.

Feel free to check out our recruitment thread at http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=94701 or just follow the links in my signature to learn more about us.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-30-2010, 09:45 AM
May I suggest checking out the UNREPENTANT, we are a over 18 fleet with members ranging from there 20's to there 50's Check out our recruitment thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88310

We have fleets in both factions of STO and we do PVP groups as well. Looking forward to reading your groups Applications soon
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Check out The Hammerfist Clan!

Some info from our STO forum post

Who are we?
We mainly cater to the mature player. Players who have time restraints, family, spouses, full time jobs. Players who know what it's like to have bills and mortgages to pay. Players who know what "waggro" is (I just described myself!) We know real life commitments are a priority with older more mature gamers, and thus we'll never overload you with requirements, and expect you to jump through a bunch of silly hoops just to get a few hours of gaming in with your friends.

Some of our core values and offerings:

*A thriving healthy community, filled with activity. Members are encouraged to become involved and speak their minds. Everyone has a voice, and using it helps us grow wiser and gives us the means and information necessary to continually improve!

* Not just another guild, but an actual community for members to socially interact with other members on a personal level. I've made a good many friends through guilds, a few have even become real life friends. It's our mission to offer a respectable environment void of idiots and muppet heads (yes I said muppet heads...remember them??) to everyone who walks the path of adventure with us.

*A golden rule we believe in: Treat others as you would like to be treated. We like everyone to think of their fellow members and guild mates as family not just another number or body. Get to know your fellow guild mates, and most importantly treat each and every new member with respect. We're all on the same team and working for the same cause, It's important to know you can count on your new brother or sister in a pinch

* Officers - not an elite club. Officers are there for the people, and represent the masses. Officers earn their places among us, and are expected to earn their keep. At no time do we ever plan on making the officership a "cool club for kids".
These are a few of the basic values we carry with us, whatever the cause or game may be, these will always travel with us.

Below is our guild summary.

Guild Name: The Hammerfist Clan - [THC] [HFC] [HGC]
Guild Website: hammerfistclan.com | net | org
Main Time Zone: [USA]
Web Admin: Brakkish
About Us:

We're an adult guild looking for mature members age 18 or older. We're a social/casual guild passionate about our gaming. How you choose to spend your gaming time is up to you. Dictating how and when you need to play is not our style, we understand part-time gamers with full-time lives.

It's our goal to provide a friendly, stress free environment in which to enjoy the game. If you are looking to join us, some things you should keep in mind are: We value friendship over loot and hoarding. Guilds can be an excellent place to meet new friends and share good times and experiences that keep with you for years. Squabbling over loot has no place here. Providing a decent environment, void of riff-raff and distractions is an A-1 priority in any MMO we play. Leaving the drama behind and entering a world of fantasy and fun is what it's all about.

Guild category: Adult 18+
Voice: Yes, Ventrillo - lightspeed
Recruiting members status: Open to friendly adults 18 years of age or more.
Server type: Apache - Linux [stable, secure, reliable]
Forum Software - Vbulletin with a professional license. [see why we use the best]
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Do you ever notice how so many of these posts look like they came straight from a can.... oh wait, that's because they did. Did any of them mention any of the things which seemed to be important to you? I didn't think so. If you're like me, you hate those canned invites. I bet everyone who is looking for a fleet gets those.

The good news is Fleet 187 is not into numbers, we're into members. We have an active fleet which has weekly events and meetings. We do use vent and also have a website.

Like you, most of us enjoy both PvE and PvP.... but not all. I primarily PvE, and some primarily PvP, and some do both. I did promise our PvP commander to try to become better at PvP, but I'm not sure there is any hope for me with that. Our basic philosophy is people should be allowed to play the game the way they want to play it.

One other thing I want to mention. Since you have both Federation and Klingon toons, you'll be happy to know Fleet 187 has both a Federation and Klingon branch. We do require all Klingon members join as Federation players before joining the Klingon side.

Take a visit to our website and see what you think. Visit the forums and at the bottom you will find our vent info. Head over and see what we're doing at the 1-8-7. I think you'll be glad you did.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Herb... I forgot to mention something that you mentioned in your post which might be important. While our members do not constantly use profanity, some times they do. I've heard better and I've heard worse in fleets/guilds. I'd say we are somewhere in the middle. I just wanted to be sure and address everything so there won't be any surprises when you visit. As far as racial/religious slurs, that's got to be a rarity. I don't recall more than once something like that happening and I've been with this fleet since Beta.
Lt. Commander