Lt. Commander
Dear Cryptic and STO players,

I would like to persuade Cryptic to use the voice talents of actress Chase Masterson (best known to Trekkers as DS9's Leeta the Dabo Girl) in their upcoming Dabo mini-game.

I contacted Chase directly through her website, asking her if she would tolerate my efforts to persuade Cryptic. She responded: "I'D LOVE TO DO THIS!!!" She added, "It would be fun to do this, and I do think the fans would enjoy it."

She is also willing to use her fan club and mailing lists to promote Cryptic.

FYI:

Chase was also recently named the "Face of the Federation" by the International Federation of Trekkers, the largest Star Trek fan group worldwide. Here's a link to the article on Roddenberry.com

An excerpt:

In a press release, Masterson commented, “Trek fans have always inspired me in their willingness and ability to view the world through a lens made of extraordinary values, to share their hope for the future, and their concern for the present, and to transform their concern into action. It is an honor to be in a position to help expand that great energy within an organization co-founded by Gene Roddenberry himself, and to help find creative ways to use it in order to make this planet a better place.”

Here is also a link to her homepage

An excerpt from her bio:

Chase was named one of the world's "50 Sexiest Women" by Femme Fatales Magazine, and was voted the "Favorite Science Fiction Actress on Television" in TV Guide's online readers poll. Sci-Fi Universe Magazine honored her as one of the "Top 20 People to Watch in Hollywood," and AOL listed her as one of the "Ten Sexiest Aliens" in television history. Chase was named one of the "Hot Leading Ladies" of film by Film Fetish for her role in Yesterday Was a Lie.

----

Please join me in persuading Cryptic studios to use the voice of Star Trek's gorgeous Dabo girl in the upcoming mini-game. She is excited about the opportunity to do something for all Trek fans.

Please /sign if you support this idea

If you really support this idea, then please show support with a "Draft Leeta" avatar or adding a link to this thread in your sig.

p.s. If you're late to the party, see Cryptic's response on page 17, Chase Masterson's message on page 20, and a new update on page 30.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Also: To those who may object, arguing that STO occurs later in the timeline than ds9 and Leeta:

1. She could be a holographic dabo girl
2. She doesn't have to be identified as Leeta

It would just be a nice touch that adds immersion to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2010, 02:27 PM
I am behind this idea 100%. I dub this idea, Full of Win.

/sign

DAAAAAABBBBOOOOO!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenVoodoo View Post
I am behind this idea 100%. I dub this idea, Full of Win.

/sign

DAAAAAABBBBOOOOO!!!!!
Thanks for the support!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2010, 02:31 PM
I love it, however I can almost hear the collective groan from the cryptic offices

I can't wait to see what they say
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swag-nyc View Post
I love it, however I can almost hear the collective groan from the cryptic offices

I can't wait to see what they say
Why would they groan?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Anyone else seen the ads for Evony?

Let's not make this into a campaign but I would love seeing her in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Anyone else seen the ads for Evony?

Let's not make this into a campaign but I would love seeing her in the game.

What's Evony?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
What's Evony?
Some really crappy looking online strategy game that uses sexy unrelated shots to try and get people to play. I'm always seeing their banners on various MMO sites.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
What's Evony?
its the game thats so bad they never show any part of it or what it is in the ads.

the ads are all simply a CGI woman with a ton of cleaveage and the name of the game

or as they put it in Holy Grail "Huge tracts of land"