Lt. Commander
# 21
03-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Gosh so many more problems with earth space-dock than I realized I suppose. I never thought about the shipyards on the moon or Jupiter station etc. and in response to a post on here earlier YES THE PLANETS DID ROTATE IN EVE. Case and point.

I really hope they can get all this stuff fixed and released so we can come out of Payed open beta and release the game already! =)
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Um....who gives a crap???? You are out in space for 5 seconds before going into the spacedock. Is it really that big a problem that the planet doesnt spin.

Well hey if spinning planets are so great on EVE then go play EVE.

No MMO released with everything perfect. THis game isnt even the worst launch.

Game would look pretty boring if it was nothing but black starfield all over the place. And it would be a lot harder to have a sense of direction in the game. Besides if you were REALLY in space there wouldnt be any stars at all. so w/e
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-28-2010, 09:08 AM
It shows a lack of attention to detail.

Something that is just a little important when it comes to quality over quantity.

Though as the previous poster's attitude clearly shows, that is the mass audience Cryptic was shooting for, "We don't care how it looks we just want it to work."
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-29-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't see a problem with spacedock, or the nebula. its very artistic in my view,
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
I don't see a problem with spacedock, or the nebula. its very artistic in my view,
but it shows a total lack of regard to the canon, and to our own real world...there is no blue in our solar sytem...there wasnt in any of the Trek films or shows...ever ever ever....sure the spacedock itself is okay...but the nebula is horse crap.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelspawn18 View Post
Um....who gives a crap???? You are out in space for 5 seconds before going into the spacedock. Is it really that big a problem that the planet doesnt spin.

Game would look pretty boring if it was nothing but black starfield all over the place. And it would be a lot harder to have a sense of direction in the game. Besides if you were REALLY in space there wouldnt be any stars at all. so w/e
There aren't any stars in space? Well that solves the alien question doesn't it
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
but it shows a total lack of regard to the canon, and to our own real world...there is no blue in our solar sytem...there wasnt in any of the Trek films or shows...ever ever ever....sure the spacedock itself is okay...but the nebula is horse crap.
um.... ya there is. They call it the milky way. that bluish yellow (depending on where you view it from) band that streaks across the sky at night. Its not only canon, its real world. just because they emphasized it doesn't mean its not there. Also, have you ever looked at a false color image of the night sky showing all ranges of EM radiation? its pretty crazy. Also, since your avatar is your ship, and your ship "see's" with its sensors, i could very much say that what you see is a false color image showing you what your ship sees
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Why cant the kilngons team up and attack our starbase...... and vise versa!
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelspawn18 View Post

You CAN see stars in space. The reason you don't see them in most photos is the lens is stopped down so far they don't show.