Lt. Commander
# 1 Custom Kits
03-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Not sure if this has been approached as a suggestion yet, or even if this is the area to ask. That being said, here it goes: Would it be possible to put a vendor of some sort into Memory Alpha that allows you to customize kits?

Having the ability to create a kit cusomized to your raidisode needs would be, in my opinion, awesome. No more pesky plasma gernades to kill my teammates with...but a rallycry in its place.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2010, 10:10 AM
You can pick up a kit with "Rally Cry" in it at the Sol Station Kit store. Not the one by clothing, but the one in the inner ring. You'll need about 108 Exploration Merits to nab it though ... oh, 4th order that is.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Thats actually quite a good idea. The combination of skills being overpowered could be an issue. Im not sure of any specific combinations that would qualify as overpowered but im sure some people will know.

To have this level of customisation in our skills would be highly welcomed though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2010, 10:15 AM
I want a kit with 4 mine barriers on it, with no shared cooldown.

That would be sweet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubung View Post
Thats actually quite a good idea. The combination of skills being overpowered could be an issue. Im not sure of any specific combinations that would qualify as overpowered but im sure some people will know.

To have this level of customisation in our skills would be highly welcomed though.
How would skills be OP? A purple Mk X kit has four Mk 3 skills. As long as you are only able to put in four skills max, it wouldn't be OP in the least, so long as you are charged accordingly, and I would think such an idea should be somewhat expensive, say, four times the vendor price of a regular kit.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Obviously Engineers should be able to engineer their own kits. We're Engineers. We engineer stuffs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2010, 05:30 PM
Not just engineers...but everyone who goes through the hell that is Memory Alpha unlocks. Just something more than unlocking gear upgrades that are no longer useful to me at Admiral...Someting I am more likely to use in Radisode content, so I don't have to waste 24 marks on 1 kit that has skills I care nothing for. Either that or make it so you can equip and quick change more than 1 kit like you can with weapons...so you can switch as needed in combat.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-31-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
How would skills be OP? A purple Mk X kit has four Mk 3 skills. As long as you are only able to put in four skills max, it wouldn't be OP in the least, so long as you are charged accordingly, and I would think such an idea should be somewhat expensive, say, four times the vendor price of a regular kit.
I dont think it would be OP, im just saying I dont know if it would be op or not. Looking at the skills from my perspective it would be something I would like to see Cryptic add into the game. Would add a layer of complexity to the kits whilst allowing for greater freedom of choice. Win / Win type of situation.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
I want a kit with 4 mine barriers on it, with no shared cooldown.

That would be sweet.
I'm MetallicJustice, and I approve this message.

Chroniton Mine Barrier is my favorite skill.