Lt. Commander
# 11
03-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
I hope all the PvP junkies leave soon so the rest of us can play in peace. All these open PvP threads are stupid.
If you want to pew pew mindless drones, no one is stopping you.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-31-2010, 04:23 PM
PvPers are such a small minority, it wouldn't matter if they left, most people enjoy the PvE experience. It'd be a niche game if it catered to PvPers however.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoppin View Post
The new sector, named "Front Lines," with Open PvP. All other sectors stay the way they are currently so that people can PvE in peace. Front Lines can contain systems/planets/space stations that are being fought over by both factions for resources. Many different things can be done with Front Lines that can make PvP a dynamic and engaging part of STO's Endgame.
Agreed, but new sector? hmm new sectors. Neutral zones in between the existing factional zones. then lock the feds out of Klingon space and klingons out of Fed. Been saying since OB this needed to be so to create a more war time feel.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-31-2010, 04:29 PM
What about this format for the pvp sector?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=145808
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
I hope all the PvP junkies leave soon so the rest of us can play in peace. All these open PvP threads are stupid.
This is such a narrow minded and selfish attitude. There is no reason why this game cannot cater to both play styles without interrupting the way you enjoy the game. I rarely PVP but I personally hope they give more pvp options to those who want them. Furthermore, hoping any of the player base leaves, is only hurting the game and lowering your chance to get more of the PVE stuff you enjoy added.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-31-2010, 06:33 PM
In another mmo my team played, we picked our faction and we worked within the structure of that faction. We even sported the uniforms and bought equipment appropriate for that faction, meaning we spent our credits on goods made and sold by players. We aided our factions characters, both player and npc, in every action where ever we found it.

This was inclusive for all players and strengthened pvp, pve, diplomacy, politics, and economy. Pvp for us isn't a separate play style, it's enhanced game play. The devs will create content for us sure, and they'll do a good job at what they do, but it's the player base who keep persistent content fueled.