Lt. Commander
# 1 My Useless Bridge
03-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Is there any glimmer of hope? Will we ever see a functional bridge? I can not imagine how more useless they can make the bridge. Let me count the ways.
1. No Function of any kind.
2. No working monitor or View Screen.
3. Cannot interact with your crew in any way.
4. Ug you cannot even sit in your own captains chair. Emote sit captain PLEASE!

Sincerly

Desperatly Whining

Way

No seriously is there any serious talk of a working bridge. you know toggle between tactical view and bridge view. Same controls, Same everything just 2 views. Atleast that could be the start.

Way.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2010, 08:19 PM
I fully agree. we should be able to use any panel to assign settings for a ship, as well as getting an officer to do it. Also, all panels should be in LCARS layout, albeit new school star trek, but still. LCARS and fuctional SHIP let alone bridge, would be very very awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 3 View Screen.
03-27-2010, 09:48 PM
You would think it would show the place where are ship is. And not a pic of what ever they like to put there.

The right thing is for them to make things work the way a ship needs to be.

Just keep bugging them about this.

Lt. Commander
# 4 A Modest Request
03-31-2010, 05:11 AM
I would just like to be able to sit in bridge & enjoy the feeling of being in charge of a starship, while I travel from one place to another. A POV viewscreen, the normal navigation controls, and bridge background noise. That's all I want.

Functional panels and such can come later.
I just want to feel that *I am on my ship* . (and not pushing a plastic model around a set)

That's all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2010, 06:07 AM
I agree! The bridge as it is now is just a waste of megabytes and useless content...
I hope they do something about it...
Lt. Commander
# 6 Ideas for Bridge Usage
03-31-2010, 12:04 PM
hey after reading the fourms on bridge usage, it got me thinking of some things to chnage:
1) make the bridge more interactive(e.g. being able to switch between the current space view and actually using the bridge as part of the game.
2) having a default bridge view and making it interactive like in the first mission for the federation.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Basically, can they make it like in the game Bridge Commander?
Lt. Commander
well -

i agree that the bridge should serve more of a purpose than simply that of an avatar chat room. anybody remember "the palace"? and why should you anyway? however, i have discovered the pleasure of taking the conn...

stand up in the chair and "captain sit" emote thing. i don't have the exact command but you'll see it there and then you too will have the conn.