Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus_Tirion
In the future could we avoid gaming sites that are wholly owned by gold selling companies
Well-said, Augustus_Trion. That is not a trivial point, and it would be good for Cryptic to take it seriously.

It's unfortunate, but Allakhazam forfeited the privilege of being treated as a respectable source of gaming information when its owners chose to sell it to IGE's holding company.

I appreciate Cryptic's desire to be evenhanded in its marketing of STO via the gaming press. But I'd prefer that Cryptic -- and any other game developer that wants to be taken seriously when it claims to oppose third-party "sales" of items in its games -- not undercut their message that the farming and trading of in-game items is forbidden by giving revenue-enhancing interviews to sites like Allakhazam that support those activities.

--Flatfingers
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-24-2008, 04:12 PM
I just wish it would come more from cryptic to this site than som intervjue from another site. come one cryptic an dev blog would be awesome
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-24-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't like the idea of the borg being playable. That should definitely be left to AI. I like the idea of different factions (federation and klingons for example) having to temporarily team up to defend against the borg.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Seemed like another teaser. I don't understand why some of these interviews consist of one-liners and non-answers. C+ for effort.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Just a teaser. No real new hard information. Perpetual had already talked about time travel. And there is no way the Borg will be playable.

I'm still waiting for a new Ask Cryptic or a new FAQ or a new timeline update or a substantive interview. But I guess we will see more as release date approaches.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-24-2008, 05:54 PM
That was awesome, thanks for the interview Craig!
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-24-2008, 06:15 PM
"We’ve developed some really cool technology that will allow us to generate exploration content..."

I wonder if this includes NPC's on they fly as well and not just landscapes.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miqrogroove View Post
Seemed like another teaser. I don't understand why some of these interviews consist of one-liners and non-answers. C+ for effort.
Agreed, I felt like I was reading a High School newspaper and the interviewer was a student asking the teacher about a possible pop quiz.

Lots of vague information and stock answers.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-24-2008, 06:35 PM
For those who say it is just a teaser: They did put out some interesting information that had been wondered about in the past:

No looting

No really old ships (Constitution) but some designs inspired by them.

Tricorder use.

I only saw a few non answers in there. For me a part of the problem wasn't the answers given, but the questions asked.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-24-2008, 07:50 PM
OH YEA!!!! I so can't wait. I was kinda worried about my favorite class of ship, Excelsior, being in the game, but it sure seems like it will be now! Yay!