Lt. Commander
# 1 A question...
04-01-2010, 01:54 PM
So I have been giving a lot of thought to creating a federation character.
There are a few questions id like to get players opinions on.

1. Is there a lack in any class thats noticable and is there a class thats over represented?
2. What skills are good to get thinking of infected and cure runs in the future...?

/thanx
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragesh View Post
So I have been giving a lot of thought to creating a federation character.
There are a few questions id like to get players opinions on.

1. Is there a lack in any class thats noticable and is there a class thats over represented?
2. What skills are good to get thinking of infected and cure runs in the future...?

/thanx
Well, just based on my own observations:

1. I see less science officers these days; but there are an abundance of engineers and tactical officers.

2. I guess a healer is always welcome; but really, for things like that, you should just play to your own strengths (don't pick a job/role you are not very good at or you'll hurt your teams chances of success).
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
Well, just based on my own observations:

1. I see less science officers these days; but there are an abundance of engineers and tactical officers.

2. I guess a healer is always welcome; but really, for things like that, you should just play to your own strengths (don't pick a job/role you are not very good at or you'll hurt your teams chances of success).
aye I would agree on both part, a comment on the second part though, im good at all the classes...hehe, thats how confident I am
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2010, 03:12 AM
I'd claim that tactical is the most powerful in the meanwhile. When you can stack somewhere in the neighborhood of +150% damage for a couple of seconds and your regular guns already pull 1000 dps you can pretty much kill anything that doesn't instantly pop RSP in PvE as well as PvP in seconds.

Right now this game is all about RSP and FBP, because the damage gap between a DPS setup/character and a support setup/character is huge. Some characters can not even scratch basic repair, others can do so much damage that they rip through anything that can't make itself temporarely immune.

Being the guy who gets a kill every time the other guy doesn't counter with an RSP is easily the best deal out there right now.