Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Continued Bug report
03-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Since your crappy season one update i have been getting the following error. I have reinstalled STO several times and continue to get the same error AFTER your patching.

Fatal Error: Corrupt pig file detected
Read failed for file:
Animation_library/Ground/Male/Face/Sto_Stance_Android.Atrk

Technical details:./piggs/data.hogg:
Animation_Library/Ground./Male/Face/Sto_Stance_Android.Atrk:
Corrupt pig file detected
Read failed for file:
Animation_Library/Ground/male/Face/Sto-Stance_Android.Atrk
Lt. Commander
# 2 Bumped
04-01-2010, 10:46 PM
This problem still has NOT BEEN FIXED and i have been unable to play since your season one patch. If i do not get a resolution cryptic will leave me no choice but to submit a claim to my bank for this latest billing since i have been unable to play and have submitted bug reports and issue and help requests. I have also reinstalled the main game 5 times and after patching your patches for Common Ground Season One update is where the problem begins. I need a resolution on this problem and i need it yesterday.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2010, 12:27 PM
There are multiple things that could potentially cause corrupted files, however they are not generally the result of any actual code bugs. Here's the first thing to try:

Please delete the affected files and then run a force-verify in the launcher. You can get to this in the launcher, under Options. Once that has run, the corrupted files should hopefully be fixed.

If that alone does not fix the issue, please submit a Tech Support ticket at http://www.startrekonline.com/support/tech and post in the PC & Technical Issues forum for assistance troubleshooting. Corrupted files can be caused by a number of different kinds of hardware errors as well, and they can help run you through necessary fixes and workarounds, and potentially pinpoint what is causing the issue.

Hope this helps!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Also open your options a in the launcher,
then type in

-console

and then close & run the laucnher again, paying attention to the dos box, -this- will tell you what hogg/pig file to delete (as it will be the one that has the error message.)

Delete -that- hogg/pig file & then force verify your files.

M.