Lt. Commander
# 51
04-02-2010, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirius89 View Post
lololololol.

This is not me on the segway,this is GOB from Arrested Development.

Watch this show,it's awesome.
I wonder if they should add something like a segway for STO, to get accross the field quicker?

That's the lazy man's answer.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-02-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOps
The server is now back up. Thanks for your patience!
Wasn't that faster then you were estimating? Great job either way, America loves you.
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-02-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_LibraX
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Friday, 2nd of April from 3:00am to 5:00am PST) (10:00am to 12:00pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch.
Thank you for your continued work over improving STO, also I appreciate new maintenance times. Can't wait till 30 April (space autofire fix - hope you will be able to deliver this much desired fix sooner)
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-02-2010, 04:25 AM
Good job. :-)
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-02-2010, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOps
The server is now back up. Thanks for your patience!
Patience? Maybe until tomorrow's downtime, right?
Lt. Commander
I had one 'successful' attempt but I was uable to move my ship, and all my missions had disappeared. Now I am uable to log in at all. Is anyone else having this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_LibraX
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Friday, 2nd of April from 3:00am to 5:00am PST) (10:00am to 12:00pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed. The latest patch notes and known issues can be found here.
Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team

Thanks for the update, but shouldn't the release notes also be posted in the Release Notes sub-forum as well? I can't always access the main page, but so far the forums are always available.

Thanks,
Duncan
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-02-2010, 12:24 PM
It probably really doesn't make the Aussies feel any better to have Americans tell them that the downtime, which is currently running at something like 6 days out of 7, is okay 'cos 'most'; customers are in bed by then.

I'm a Brit and am not being hard hit by this, amazingly enough I like Americans - I spend my summers there and have lovely neighbours, I go there each year 'cos during my military service I went there quite often and really liked the US, so much that I bought a place there ... so you'll have a hard time classifying me as a yank basher.... but taking it offline daily during peak Aus time just isn't on, unless Cryptic actually take the view (which they might) that the Aus customer base is too small to bother about losing. Otherwise it is very bad PR, at the very least.

Reading the patch notes there is nothing there that couldn't have been covered by a quick 'launcher post' to say 'don't do X until we fix it' then save the fix for a bigger patch - the APPEARANCE currently is that Cryptic are taking the server down for a couple of hours a day to run one or two bug fixes, rather than save them for (say) a weekly patch... and they are doing it consistently during normal playing hours for part of the globe with no rotation at all. That's just plain silly, guaranteed to t off a geographical fraction of the subscribers, and totally unnecessary.

I doubt anyone at Cryptic will read this, but if they do then please use a bit of commonsense, the patching is excessive and ought to be rotated through the clock, not always targetted at the same timezone. I invite any Cryptic employee to explain why this needs to be done at the same time each day at least... I can understand 'T off the minimum numvber of players', but if each timezone only got hit 1 in 10 times then nobody would be getting hit often enough to be that annoyed - even with a daily patch to fix one or two trivial problems.
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varuflur View Post
lol i mean please next your going to blame them for your milk going sour in the frig? fact of the matter is thier are much more importante things to worrie about besides some game being down a few hours. you sound like a bunch of 10 year olds being told you cant have a cookie.

so why not ttake the time the game is down and do somthing for a loved one instead of comming here crying about the game being down or OMG no patch notes lol

and as always have a nice day>
er....because I spent the rest of the day doing just that, and was looking forward to using my scarce free time to play some STO?

A video game is something to occupy your down times from life, not the other way around
one shouldn't have to cater their life around a video game, the video game should be fitted around a normal life, see?

and it's not like we're asking for the whole universe here, a simple rotating maintenance hour schedule will suffice. but Cryptic will deny us even that