# 21
04-02-2010, 03:11 PM
and the kingon advisor is ?
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerIIC View Post
Soooo...we are giving a small number of fans greater input than the rest of us because......
I think the idea is that anyone can petition to join the Advisory Council. Basically, it's for players and fans who are inclined to give more feedback -- feedback that gets filtered by other notable players and Star Trek fans. In other words, it's another way for people to be a part of an STO community -- a different sort of fan club, if you will.

For example, participating in the Advisory Council might be preferable to being vocal on the forums for a Star Trek fan who is not really into MMOs and isn't game mechanics savvy.

Certainly, the intention is not, "we listen to them and we don't listen to you." Nothing could be further from the truth.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan-Cryptic View Post
I think the idea is that anyone can petition to join the Advisory Council. Basically, it's for players and fans who are inclined to give more feedback -- feedback that gets filtered by other notable players and Star Trek fans. In other words, it's another way for people to be a part of an STO community -- a different sort of fan club, if you will.

For example, participating in the Advisory Council might be preferable to being vocal on the forums for a Star Trek fan who is not really into MMOs and isn't game mechanics savvy.

Certainly, the intention is not, "we listen to them and we don't listen to you." Nothing could be further from the truth.
So why even have a council at all? All you need to do to get all the feedback you need is to read the forums! Reply to peoples concerns and maintain a presence in the threads that your players make! Take out the middle man and communicate with your fan base directly!
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-02-2010, 03:14 PM
As long as they give good attention to us Klingons, I'm satisfied.
Lt. Commander
# 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cost View Post
If you really want to get in touch with your playerbase, put something in the game that they can't miss, but won't be a pest. Something like a single yes/no/unsure/don'tcare question every once in a while.
Oh, of course! We've done polls for our entire user base in the past and we'll do many, many more in the future. We also have regular community reporting designed to provide us with an accurate gauge of our forums and an early assessment of what our players want.

This Advisory Council is just another way of getting valuable opinions and data from people who may not be inclined to post on the forums or submit feedback to us directly.
Lt. Commander
# 26
Quote:

Can members be "impeached" if the players feel that certain members are trying to push their ideas rather then what players want?
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:

What a crock! We give feedback in the forums. You are using it to hide and just listen to the few.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
I think the idea is that anyone can petition to join the Advisory Council.
With all due respect, we ALL petition for this. It's called a subscription fee.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
What a crock! We give feedback in the forums. You are using it to hide and just listen to the few.
With respect, I don't think we should expect the devs to look at every thread on the boards. And some threads disappear faster then others, that may require the same merit as any other.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-02-2010, 03:17 PM
This could be good, IF those on the advisory don't put their personal views before those of the community. Just how do any of these represent the STO community anyway? Survey's and polls are, from what I've seen in 35 years of life, a much better gauge of what any community wants, not a small group that 'speaks' for everyone or as it usually ends up being, themselves. Guess we'll see.

So what are they going to do exactly? Peruse the forums and gather data? Do we need to subscribe to their forums/sites to have a voice? A few more details and it may be more well received.
Closed Thread