Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayupan
Maybe a HYT III Transphasic proc and crit? or Bunch of lucky Anti proton proc crits?
I go with this most likely AP, I have had similar accounts I turn to a full facing take fire boom, shield is still there I am on fire. Mostly happens when BoPs are around. BoP+AP+RFC=Mucho procs and crits
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-31-2010, 08:16 AM
I'm thinking Transphasic w a Spread at point blank might do it - assuming one proc chance per torp in the spread.

I haven't found it in my combat log yet, but I've seen the results: healthy shield and near perfect hull one second, similarly healthy shield and 8% hull the next. Nothing but Tetryon Turrets and Plasma Arrays in the log, none of it showing a massive direct to hull hit.

The opponents were ALL battlecruisers.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-31-2010, 09:32 AM
AH HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica-
Some Feds know what they are doing... I get hit time to time by something that does like 22K damage rofl... must be the Tricobolt Torp that you cant see half the time... it s a werid bug

I notice that when I Launch mine its hardly ever visible, but it still hits my target for alot of damage...

I am using 3 DHC and they tare up the Feds pretty badly and my Tricobolt on one of my rear slots so I can make a sneak attack as I pass by with out the Fed knowing whats coming...
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...22&postcount=3

Is it possible Transphasic has the same issue??
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-01-2010, 06:33 PM
I wasnt going to say anything because I thought it was my mistake or id be whining, but then I saw this thread. Yeah I'm getting hit by this in PvP and it may be something usable by both sides, but I only really get hit when I'm fighting Klings by it. Its not feedback pulse, its not that your shields get disabled. The UI will show full or close to full shields up and active, and your hull will start dropping --and really fast to, like a matter of seconds. I'm trying to figure out what it is but I dont know yet. This thread is validating because im not crazy
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-01-2010, 09:17 PM
I get hit by an ability/weapon on Galor class cruisers in PvE that seems to do this, but it's only one ability in particular. I don't know how you'd run into it in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCail
I get hit by an ability/weapon on Galor class cruisers in PvE that seems to do this, but it's only one ability in particular. I don't know how you'd run into it in PvP.
In the case of the Galor thats Feedback Pulse
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Directed energy modulation i have been told by many people enables you to damage hull instead of shields is just its description in boff is very hard to understand full of techno babble it basiclly means you do less damage with beams or cannons but lots of it hits the hull it also changes energy type to some of each meaning unless you have the generic ignore enrgy dam resist consoles can be hard to resist i never thought htis skill was worth much maybe it got buffed in season one?
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Have you looked at both the white shielding you have AS WELL AS the amount of shield power you have? They may be using energy siphon, and stealing all your shield power. when your shield power goes to zero, it will look like you have shields, but in fact, you don't.

You would have to be watching the numerical reading of your shield power to see if it's being dropped to zero.

Klingons have the ability to stock their bays with Raptors, T'liss Fighters, Shield Generators, Power Siphons and others. If you are surrounded by power siphons, your shields are useless until you destroy the siphons (tricobalt torpedoes cause an explosion to the target they hit as well as targets in the surrounding area...not sure of the distance....maybe .5 km). That would be enough to destroy them all, as well as the shield generators, and t'liss fighters that happen to be in the aoe. It may be a combination of The Energy siphon ability as well as sending energy siphons at you.