Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
10-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Just how factions will be handeld? I mean it to start with Feds and Klingons as it's told can be interpreted in many ways. For the species of the UFP can it mean that all the races will be included.
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-26-2008, 02:53 AM
Another great interview!
Lt. Commander
# 43 Sto
10-26-2008, 04:52 AM
the game sounds excellent cant for it be up and running! when is it due for release anyone know? oh and will it be possible to play it on ps3?
amazing graphics by the way, i watched the trailer it looks awesome!!!
Lt. Commander
# 44
10-26-2008, 07:55 AM
How long must we wait? Bring on the beta testing!
Lt. Commander
# 45
10-26-2008, 12:55 PM
I really enjoyed the interview from ship customization, to time travel, to exploration. If they do make Borg a playable race I sure hope they are balanced with the rest of the races we can play.
Lt. Commander
# 46
10-26-2008, 01:34 PM
I enjoyed that they think that you could play as the borg and time travel sounded good as well
Lt. Commander
# 47
10-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoppyCGDaniels View Post
Just how factions will be handeld? I mean it to start with Feds and Klingons as it's told can be interpreted in many ways. For the species of the UFP can it mean that all the races will be included.
Those two factions will have about five main races in the game, as well as the ability to make any race you can come up with using the character creator. It was mentioned in one of the previous interviews
Lt. Commander
# 48 Why the Borg?
10-27-2008, 12:52 AM
I hope you guys will be extremely careful if you decide to go the route of Borg PC's. I don't see how you can maintain what the Borg are and still make them a balanced player character. In the shows, the Borg are substantially more difficult to defeat than the already proposed character races. And if the planned "Borg encounters" are going to require massive fleets to overcome, how can a PC in his own Borg cube be a fair matchup with an equally ranked character?

In all honesty, I love Seven of Nine. But what makes her great is her uniqueness. I'm not sure I like the idea of Borg as PC's, but as long as there's a way to maintain their identity and keep them balanced with other races, I'm sure you guys will figure it out. But don't rush on my account
Lt. Commander
# 49
10-27-2008, 01:50 AM
First off the interview was great except for the part about the Borg being a playable character.

A Borg cube has no bridge no engineering section and no sickbay so i don't see you having any bridge crew or no need to be an engineer or doctor.

With the Borg your in a collective so how can you be a captain of your own ship when there is no command structure so to speak.
Lt. Commander
# 50
10-27-2008, 07:13 AM
The interview doesn't really add much new information, but it was a nice read.
I'm especially interested in knowing more about Cryptic's "New World Generator" (my interpretive moniker) and how it will dynamically create new worlds through Player's exploration. I find this very intriguing and would love to know exactly how this will work.
Time Travel has been a bit overdone in the ST Canon, IMHO, but if it's done in a limited way in the game, I'd be ok with this.
I personally don't wish to see the Borg as a PC faction. Maybe as one poster mentioned above, as a mini-quest of being assimilated and somehow escaping or being rescued (like 7 of 9), but I wouldn't want to see any kind of added uber skills gained from the experience...otherwise EVERYBODY would seek to be assimilated to gain the same skill. I've seen similar things happen in other MMOs and it's an immersion-breaker.
Just my take on this interview. Flame away!