Lt. Commander
# 1 Infected Guide (SPOILERS)
03-05-2010, 06:46 AM
I've noticed endless people have had issue after issue with this mission and after having beat it completely and gotten through it rather quick and not so painfully, I thought I'd give you guys a little guide from my point of view that worked pretty well.

Part 1 Space

This generally you want to have a full group of 5 people. Classes don't really matter, mostly because a huge swarm of Borg show up and my group didn't last too long when they targeted a single person. The big thing you want to do is kill the structures ASAP, saves a lot of heart ache. I did notice though that by killing the main portal quick, everything spawned as it's health dropped to zero really quick. There were numerous probes and spheres. 2 Cubes and 1 Tactical Cube. Not so rough if your team focuses fire. Taking the cubes out first isn't necessary, they don't hurt the hull too bad, it's the smaller things that suck. More or less, try to keep your group together, focus fire and hope your healing abilities heal you and not your fully healed ally.

--Ground Combat--
1-2 Healers 1-2 Melee ... the rest... whatever... YOU WILL WIPE REPEATEDLY
MELEE IGNORES SHIELDS FOR BORG! So if you have say a tactical officer on your team like me, he can focus fire on heavy/elite drones and ignore their shields while everyone else kills the other stuff. EXPOSE AND EXPLOIT ATTACKS work amazing wonders against the borg, if your melee guy is fighting a toughy, attack him with expose attacks so your melee guy can exploit melee him for straight to the health damage.

Part 2 The Hallway to Miniboss

I saw people were having problems of Borg RESPAWNING... they DON'T RESPAWN --->IF<--- you kill those link node things that are on the ground and they are green. I told my team to kill the nodes AT ALL COSTS and we did real well. There was 2-3 nodes at each section roughly, so MAKE SURE you find them and kill them before you progress. Other than that it's a Kill Node/Kill Borg kind of deal until the first miniboss. I forget the name, but it's more or less a super elite tactical drone. When you get the bosses shields down a bunch of borg will spawn and new "regeners" as we were calling them will spawn... KILL THE REGENERS! they suck and are no fun and will save you heart ache if you kill them first... Listen to me on that one. After the miniboss is dead you more or less fight your way to the next area with the final boss...

Now take this down and make sure your team understands... to get through this force field you need to hit ALL 3 consoles at the SAME TIME to deactivate it. REMEMBER THIS! YOU HAVE TO!

Part 3 Final Boss

Hope you guys played Mario cause there is a lot of platform jumping... Don't fall in the lava I mean the plasma floor

Okay before you enter make sure you team is group up real close when you enter the room. A force field will pop up and anyone who RESPAWNS will be stuck outside, DO NOT RESPAWN! try to have your team rez you. IF YOU DIE ON THE PLASMA FLOOR stay near the blocks and your team mate can rez you until you can get up some how. There are 2 ramps and the beginning area that are the easiest. Now to the actual fighting...

Split into 2 groups... 1 group a melee guy and a healer. This worked best for me. They will go around and knock the Borg onto the floor. Your bash with the gun and a couple melee attacks for a tactical officer have a knock back, just hit the Borg till they fall in or die. The healer can shoot...

The 2nd group will be 3... whatever... plus 1 healer if want to make it easier just in case. This group will hit the consoles and administer the virus to the shielded consoles.

OKAY SO NOW WE ARE STARTING THIS IS WHAT I DID...

Both teams run to center and kill Borg there, you can't really knock them off. Both teams go to SOUTH WEST forcefield/console and kill the borg there. When the Borg are just about dead on that platform Team 1 will go to the NORTH WEST console and start clearing the borg off. Team 2 is finishing the borg on the first island and then they go to press the consoles IMPORTANT NOTE!!! all 3 consoles MUST be pressed at "relatively" the SAME time. The forcefield will go down, exposing the console, someone, inject virus. Team 1 by this time should have that island just about if not cleared. Team 1 go to NORTH EAST platform and begin removing Borg. Team 2 go to previous Team 1 platform, kill any borg there and repeat first platform. Do this all the way to fourth and final console.

Notes...
YOU ARE GOING TO DIE A LOT! YOU WILL GET IT EVENTUALLY! DON'T GIVE UP! YOU'RE AWESOME!
Team 1 after the final console can go around clearing Borg from where-ever, if you're doing it right, it is super easy. Knock the Borg to the floor.
If 3+ people die, my team just killed themselves and we all respawned and waited for the entrance forcefield to drop... You may have to restart the whole process if this happens.
Remember, don't respawn if only 1 or 2 people are dead.

Back to mission...
Okay if you managed to get all four viruses administered the center console will drop!!! NOW! BE VERY QUICK! EVERYONE OPEN FIRE on the console. YOU WANT TO KILL THIS ASAP! Use Plasma grenades and exploit attacks and everything that hits hard QUICK! The shield isn't down for very long! so make every second count.

After you kill this shield generator, you fight the boss! It's relatively easy. It floats in the air, so don't melee. Just attack the boss with everything you got, it'll be over soon. It's not super-duper hard.

IF YOU NEED ANY HELP/POINTERS!!! I WILL HELP YOU!!! I had a lot of fun doing this mission and will be doing it again and again and again! Remember my name SHAOSTOUL or Nova... of the NSEA Protector

My group consisted of 5 people. It was 3 tactical officers 1 engineer and 1 science officer. The science officer was competent and knew how to heal and WHO to heal. We wiped a lot, but we made it through and I believe the next time through, we'll stomp the mission.

Any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcomed and appreciated. This will be an evolving guide as the mission evolves and skills.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2010, 01:54 AM
How do you take out the transwarp conduit?

My team kept talking out one of the supporting structures when its shield goes down initially, then when more ships arrive only the shield on the main structure goes down for about 10-20 seconds which is no enough time to destroy it.

it also seems to heal between waves of Borg ships arriving.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2010, 03:41 AM
PART 1 SPACE:

PREFERED SHIPS........ANY.

PREFERED SKILLS......SCRAMBLE SENSORS.

1. Kill the patrol and then burn around to the rear of the gate without aggroing anything.

2. Approach the gate and pull the probes to you, alternate scramble sensors to reduce incoming fire.

3. As you kill the last probe prepare to attack the gate, as it dies shoot at the gate.

4. DO NOT ATTACK THE TRANSFORMERS.......if you DO NOT attack the transformers the gate drops a purple space item.

5. Repeat until the gate spawns spheres as well as probes and scramble/kill them as well.

6. Continue until the tactical and normal cubes spawn, then position and kill the tactical cube first, then the normal cubes, then finish off the gate.

7. Collect purple loots.:p

GROUND COMBAT

Any class really but a healer is usefull.

Sniper rifles and split beams are cool.

Engineers with force fields are very useful.

YOU WILL NOT WIPE IF YOU DO IT CORRECTLY

1. ONE player with a sniper rifle should move forwards alone and pull the roving patrol as it is not connected to the node.........after the patrol is pulled away from the node drones kill it.

2. Use a tactical with a sniper rifle to go forwards to 30 mtrs of it and target the first node, he should use target optics until he gets the chance for a exploit attack on it and kill it in one shot he then should fall back to the rest of the team...........the drones connected to the node will follow him so kill them.

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each node, DO NOT try to kill 2 nodes at a time DO NOT forget to pull the patrol first if you can.

4. You can use the engineers force field to block corridors or doorways so you do not get overun.

5. Use corners or doorways to give you cover from incoming fire as you only need to see the drone you are shooting (standing the the open visable to 8 drones in kinda dumb when you are only shooting at one tbh).

6. Remeber to pull the drones far enough back so you do not aggro second groups while killing them.

7. 2 nodes are around a corner in corridors (one near the start and one at the bottom of a slope), if your enginerer drops a phaser turret so it takes aggro and you then run past the drones and kill the node its easier, a force field knocks the drones back as well and can help in tghose 2 situations.

MINI BOSS

1. Kill the node just inside the door and then the drones connected to it, then kill the second node at the back of the room using the sniper tactic in stage one and pull the drones connected to that one away from the boss and kill them.

2. Move all but one of your team way back to the first corner in the corridor to the boss room and have your medic pull the boss into the corridor, that way you can kill him without aggroing the drones he spawns.

3. After he is dead move just inside the door and kill the node near the crates, then kill the drones connected to it, repeat for the node at the back of the room.

4. Clear the next rooms and corridors the same way as you did the first rooms.

FINAL BOSS

Cover shield and force field are useful here.

So are sniper rifles and others with pushback.

Rifle butts work good to knock drones into the soup as well

1. Clear the middle of drones and then clear the far right corner as you face into the room (on the mini map it is the north east corner).

2. Send a 2 ppl ahead to clear the corners (engineers are good as force fields push the drones off the edges) and wait until you have cleared 3 corners before you start dropping the shields and uploading the virus with your team of 3.

3. Finish in the last corner and stay there, kill (or push out of range with sniper rifles ect) the drones in the middle and kill the centre shield generator to spawn the BOSS.

4. Personally i prefer to use a cover shield to keep safe and pull her close to the corner then i get the engineer to use a well positioned force field to push the boss against the wall/corner and then put a cover shield right in her face. Doing so reduces her line of sight and then its just a matter of moving in and out and hammering her with high dmg sniper shots until she drops.

THE END.

PS: Some of the later rooms like the room before and after the mini boss have 2 nodes close together, with a good team and a good use of the force field and also using corners to reduce incoming fire you can kill both nodes and kill the drones quiet easily.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Kor_Dahar_Master, I really appreciate that you are trying to help players having problems with finishing the Special Task Force missions.

But could you please remove part 1 point 4? I think, there are things that should be kept secret. At least, edit it to something like "if the space part is done correctly, you will receive a purple drop", please.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerix View Post
Kor_Dahar_Master, I really appreciate that you are trying to help players having problems with finishing the Special Task Force missions.

But could you please remove part 1 point 4? I think, there are things that should be kept secret. At least, edit it to something like "if the space part is done correctly, you will receive a purple drop", please.
The title of the thread says it has spoilers in it so no need to panic.

Why do you not want others to get the purple drop btw?.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2010, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kor_Dahar_Master View Post
3. Finish in the last corner and stay there, kill (or push out of range with sniper rifles ect) the drones in the middle and kill the centre shield generator to spawn the BOSS.

4. Personally i prefer to use a cover shield to keep safe and pull her close to the corner then i get the engineer to use a well positioned force field to push the boss against the wall/corner and then put a cover shield right in her face. Doing so reduces her line of sight and then its just a matter of moving in and out and hammering her with high dmg sniper shots until she drops.

THE END.
Is that really the way to do her ? That sounds so chees yto do it, i thought there was a real "raid" style way to beat her.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-06-2010, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiedelH
Is that really the way to do her ? That sounds so cheesy to do it, i thought there was a real "raid" style way to beat her.
Its the easiest way tbh.

Pls define "raid style".
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2010, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kor_Dahar_Master View Post
Its the easiest way tbh.

Pls define "raid style".
It just sounds so weird, you basically use selfmade LOS when the natural one was deemed an exploit and fixed or did the pillars work in a different way ?

What do you do against the blue AE damage, as that is usually what kills us in a few seconds ?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Quote:
It just sounds so weird, you basically use selfmade LOS when the natural one was deemed an exploit and fixed or did the pillars work in a different way ?

We have always used it since infected was release as its effective, the reason we fought in the corner was cos it reduced the number of drones that could hit us while fighting her.

The whole "using the node" to reduce LOS was never important to us as we used cover shields to do that anyway.

Quote:
What do you do against the blue AE damage, as that is usually what kills us in a few seconds ?
Just watch your health/shields and use a hypo/shield charge and tell your healer to pay attention.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Op this post really has no tangible advice on the mission. Your advice in killing the final boss equates to don't die while you shoot her.

What do you do about the debuff?
What do you do about the remaining drones?
Can you still shoot her while you have the blue debuff on?
Does the debuff still have effect if you separate from your group?
Does the debuff cause damage if you do not shoot her?
Are there effective ways to block her LOS?
What is the best area to attack her from?

These are the types of questions that need answers so people can create legitimate strategies.

Lolz don't dies while you firez ya lazors does not = a strategy.