Lt. Commander
# 1 "Dungeon Finder" for STFs?
04-04-2010, 09:32 AM
One feature that I'd like to see added to STO would be a "dungeon finder" of sorts for STFs. STO already has the pvp system built around this concept, make a queue for a particular map, wait for enough players to join, everyone jumps into the instance when ready. It would make participating in STFs much easier for soloists.

It seems like this would be much better than the current method of zone chat constantly having messages of "lfg cure eng from start".
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2010, 09:37 AM
not enough "dungeons" for that... plus the player base is a mix of super duper casual and uber hardcore, and the uber hardcore already have their elite fleet and arent looking to PuG

i think in the future, when there are enough STFs, its not a bad idea, but for now... fly to the 1 system that the 2 STFs are in, and LFG it in /zone
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Supported.

I'm sick and ****ing tired of the LFG messages and I write them.

A queue would streamline it a bit and reduce the amount of LFG posting that goes on. Especially in the test server because finding people for that is damn near impossible due to the low population.

Cant do any testing of STFs without a group and grouping needs to be fair more easy if testing is going to work.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2010, 10:51 AM
A good idea.

Done properly it would not only allow fleets to do larger missions like fleet actions ect as a unit in a single instance, but it would also allow the filtering out of griefers and afkers.