Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 141
03-20-2010, 09:06 AM
PvP is all team work. If you don't like being killed, do NOT PvP.

If you're running with guys that don't support (HoT, Extend, heal), it's your fault.
If you're out of range of teammates that do support, it's your fault.
If you think an assassin shouldn't be able to assassinate, it's your fault.
If you think a Paladin shouldn't be able to bubble-hearth (bye bye!), it's your fault.

The BoP is a science ship. A scout. A multi-use envelope with a different package inside depending on the captain.

I remember on Mug'thol WoW (PvP server), when a fully plated warrior could be one-shot dotted by rogues. At some levels, there was no counter to the poison and the rogue had time to talk and watch you die while stealthed. I had one tell me I was turning awfully nice shades of purple and green once!

I believe space combat should be more like Ariel combat, not naval combat! Just watch the last episode of DS9 if you want to see cruiser/battleship class ships get one shotted constantly on a large scale. Perhaps they were snb'ed by the BoP's and their buds failed to shield them?

It's funny that some so-called PvP'rs who understand focus fire and killing an enemy quickly to take advantage of the odds, also want the time to use EVERY ABILITY THEY HAVE to make the experience fulfilling.

To all those that cry balance, PvP is akin to battle and one premise holds true: Army war college teaches that if you're in a FAIR fight, you failed to plan properly.
Lt. Commander
# 142
03-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
Same abilities can be used by federation; ask a team mate to hit you up with the ST.
The fact of the matter is no, KLingons always get first shot, remember from coming out of cloak you can nail someone with that before they can do anything.
Lt. Commander
# 143
04-04-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou.Tigers View Post
PvP is all team work. If you don't like being killed, do NOT PvP.
I agree with you 100%. When i read certain "Retorts" explaining their views on how my view on PvP is BS. I can't help but feel these people just don't understand the meaning of teamwork. It's no wonder why Klingons win over 80% of the PvP matchs. Attitudes like that, i think these people really need to take a step back and fully understand that PvP rules are not PvE rules. In your PvE world that kind of thinking is OK but if you want to PvP and you want to win. Well war is messy, In RL and in the game, and i think the game should reflect that.

I enjoy wholeheartedly being in a Fed-Ball as some one called it. Also i enjoy being on the other end of the fed ball. The PvP aspect of gaming is a sport that i thrive in. Saving a team mate from the brink of annihilation (healer), disabling enemy craft from providing any support whatsoever (Disabler), Or just having massive amounts of firepower (Damager) this are just a few of the many roles you get to experience in the PvP environment. Some of you just simply do not have a taste for PvP, and that is O.K. focus your attention on improving the PvE aspect of the game, and leave the PvP to the people who know what true PvP matches are all about. I've been a few PUGs where we just knew we what was demanded of us and these are rare but the most rewarding of situations. Pure team-work is more blissful than any amount of 1v1 action any day. So i say again. Go out there, stop being selfish, help each other out and you'll see better results in your PvP matches.
Lt. Commander
# 144
04-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athx82
The whole "why don't you pre-hit skill button" is getting old. I'm sorry but in a pvp battle, you don't really "pre-buff" especially when most of their ships can cloak (due to them waiting it out since there is no timer). It's one thing being skilled, it's another being paranoid. In all honesty, skill takes place during a battle, not before a battle.
If that is your viewpoint, why do you play MMORPGs? You are expecting pvp to built around the skills YOU think are valid while completely dismissing the ones you don't.

You remind me of people in other games that want to duel but with all sorts of restrictions like "you can't run away" or "you can't use X ability (even though your class is built around it)".
Lt. Commander
# 145
04-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zextul
stop being selfish, help each other out and you'll see better results in your PvP matches.
This is pretty much in direct conflict to any sort of Nash equilibrium, the majority of players you will meet do not subscribe to a group mentality therefore going out there and "not being selfish" means you're healing others while receiving little or no support in return. People need to organize to have valid pvp, you don't need to organize to completely shut someone down and destroy them while they're completely helpless, the counter should not require infinitely more skill to pull off than the attack, if it does one could consider it imbalanced by it's very nature. I believe that was the point of the post in essence, it's just been twisted into yet another of the countless "if you don't create premades, you're a noob" threads. Elitist attitudes in MMOs are counter productive, as its the majority's dollar that has meaning in the long run, not the top 5% boasting about leet teamwork.
Lt. Commander
# 146
04-04-2010, 09:35 AM
that is why there is a PremadePVP channel and a organzied pug pvp channel.
If you want to get better then get a premade and organize VS other premades. The level of competition is way higher than PUG's we started this thread becasue fighting PUGS gets boring and makes us lazy. Truley this happened to too many klingons, they got used to beating fed PUGS and thought "wow feds suck, they have no skill cuz hey all just pve." well beating medicore players (at best) just makes you a mediocre player yourself.
Don't get me wrong I am not trying to sound elitest (I am sure some will take it that way) but truely I am trying to help. We (DOB) have seen a growth in the organzied PVP channel in thelast few days with real teams that work well together and really help each other out.
I would recommend others do the same it makes pvp much more exciting and fun for all
Lt. Commander
# 147
04-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
Well my point is it's extremely overpowered. Anything that makes a player helpless for that long and lets his enemy auto-win, regardless which side does it, needs fixing.
I get hit by this all the time. I have been getting better avoiding it with rsp and polarize hull, but you are correct in it being no fun being diw and watching your ship get destroyed.

On that note, I have also survived the encounter even after being stuck and hull down to 2%.
Lt. Commander
# 148
04-05-2010, 08:24 AM
not all pvps join a team and most play on there own thats why the skills need to be nerfed

not much fun being ganked and frozen in the water befoe i even get a shot off

and if pvp get affected by the up and coming death penalty well then thats the end of this so called pvp
Lt. Commander
# 149
04-05-2010, 09:08 AM
SNB is broken and needs to be nerfed or radically changed. The rest of it is L2P.
Lt. Commander
# 150
04-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou.Tigers View Post
To all those that cry balance, PvP is akin to battle and one premise holds true: Army war college teaches that if you're in a FAIR fight, you failed to plan properly.
Very very true.