Lt. Commander
just like the title says.

looking for casual fleet that doesnt use Spartan rules in its structure.

1. no I don't want to wear the same uniform or ship configuration specified by someone else ( I like to play in the CC on my own terms ... not someone else s ).
2. no I don't want to be "required" to use vent ( although yes for the option to use it, and I do... but at times I prefer my own music over too much talking ... depends on my mood )
3. no to required team assignments or mission participation or military structured fleet meetings ( I did my tour of duty in RL, I don't need to do it in a game ).
4. no to required duties or silly team rosters and squads.... ( I want to play at my own pace )
5. no to blind/fanatical fanboism's or haters... yes to monty python jokes.
6. yes to open minds, free thinkers, mild recreational substances and beverages.
7. yes to casual occasional RP, but wont rub Wesley's if you know what I mean.
8. no I don't want to give out all of my personal information to the fleet, you don't need to know my real name or numbers..... maybe later, if we click or not.
9. cant think of any other yes/no/maybe so's at the moment.....

I don't care if you DO or DON'T DO any of the above things or not... I just don't want to be required to.

I am not looking for another military career....just a casual fleet that farts around every now and then and plays the game for what it is... a game....

.(( p.s. I have three characters ATM. an RA5, Cmdr7, and Lt5 ... I switch back and forth frequently ))
Lt. Commander
# 2 - Clan Hunters -
04-04-2010, 07:20 AM
Hey Gin

Check out my fleet if you like, its casual and its optional how much you want to involve yourself, if you want to participate in events, vent etc...

Nikita
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm with you OP.

Where can I find a fleet like this? All of them seem to want you to sign up, go to meetings, wear unifroms, and always be on vent.

I also would like a fleet where a few peeps just get together and run missions or pvp together a bit. We dont have to be uber, but at times good company and converstion makes the game more enjoyable.

I tend to solo quite a bit, but I like to lurk in fleet chat and enjoy impromtu get togethers of 3-5 team mates more than planned events.

Good luck to you OP. And any fleets that see my post here feel free to PM me as I am looking for a fleet also.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
3. no to required team assignments or mission participation or military structured fleet meetings ( I did my tour of duty in RL, I don't need to do it in a game ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Leadbottom
I'm with you OP.

Where can I find a fleet like this? All of them seem to want you to sign up, go to meetings, wear unifroms, and always be on vent.

Equalizers is the answer

We are as casual as it gets with mature friendly members that don't care for uniforms, military careers or who's salad bar on their chest is bigger. Like some of you, I've done my time in the "real" military and I don't care to partake in any mickey mouse games on my free time.

vandrel@vandrel-blitz
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2010, 05:59 PM
I ask you check out The Shadows. We do have a forum, and members need to register there (proof of email address) but otherwise, we ask for nothing more than you offer, besides an agreement that you'll be mature and respectful to everyone.

Our website is at http://www.shadows-sto.com and our core values and philosophies are all there. But in a nutshell, we're just a casual group of players who want to be able to do our own thing if we want, and group with teammates when we want. Nothing is forced...

/B2
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Sounds like you might fit in. check this out below and hit my up with a PM if it sounds like this is for you.

We are a fun loving, dirty minded, social raiding Fleet. We appreciate the finer things in life, good food, good booze and good friends. Despite our dirty minds, we are a mature guild, and do manage to to get things done. We are not all about raiding. We understand people have lives and families in the "real world" to deal with.

Is this guild for you?

The type of people we are looking for is pretty wide open. We want people who are fun, responsible and able to get along with people easily. We are willing to give almost anyone a chance. However, if you blow it, you blow it. We can't help you with that. Patience is a must. We might not get things on the first try, but eventually we will learn. We have dirty minds, mouths, and actions. You must be able to go with the flow and have a strong stomach.

People we do not want

Loot *****s, people who can't take a joke, people who takes jokes to far, disrespectful people, people who think its all about them, people who get upset about loot, (if you lose a roll, don't pout, move on and be happy a fellow guildy got something they can use), Loud and obnoxious, very young players. (we do not discriminate against age, however a lot of our conversations are not for young ears.)

Rules (yes even people like US have rules)

1. Be respectful

2. Go to an officer if you have a problem with something/someone

3. Behave yourself on vent. We do not want screaming, yelling, random noises, or "pop in's" during raids

4. Don't take yourself to seriously

5. Understand that you are dealing with different people, the way things come across might not be how they meant it.

6. Help out other Fleet members.

7. If you want to progress in the Fleet. Show some leadership abilities. Take the time to help out Fleet members and most of all be respectful.

8. Remember its a GAME so just have fun!

We are a new Fleet. We are not trying for numbers we just want a good fleet with active members. If this sound like the fleet for you PM Sanwa@Sanbo or Arellia@pony35th

http://borgforce.guildlaunch.com/ In Progress
# 7
04-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Three things you should know about the Unrepentant Fleet in Star Trek Online:

1. We believe in a 6-pack in every replicator, a phaser on every bow, and an Orion Love Slave* in every Captain's Quarters. Join us, and together we will make it so.

2. We want you to play what you want, when you want it. Our guild is about having a good time in good company, not following crazy rules or mandatory play times.

3. Kirk? Picard? Hah - we know the best starship captain is Zapp Brannigan.

Here's the deal. Unrepentant is a casual guild out to have some fun times flying in space and blowing stuff up. We're a bunch of overgrown kids who think the people you play with are more important than the games you play. We have families, jobs, life obligations; we log on at night to chill with cool folks** just like us. If you're someone just like us, we want you in the fleet.

But wait! There's more! Not only do you get a fleet full of cool cats when you join The U, you get a whole gaming community! Unrepentant is an adult gaming community with active guilds in ****, Champions, DDO, Global Agenda, and now STO. We also play online games such as L4D2, TF2, Killing Floor, Borderlands, and COD:MW2, and we're planning for the Upcoming release of The Old Republic. Basically, if you play it, chances are we're playing it too.

Sound good? Alright. Here's what we need from you:

1. You have to be 18+. Our average guild member is around 30; our members range from 20s to 60s.
2. You need to click this sentence.

That's it! Looking forward to flying the friendly Federation skies with you soon, Captain.

[Edit]: Forgot to include our two guild interviews (click 'em to read 'em):

Champions Online interview with Ten Ton Hammer
Age of Conan interview with IGN

*Male or female. We're equal opportunity perverts.
** Speaking of cool folks: you know the guy that won the contest and named a ship class the Dervish, which set off a firestorm of Trekkierage on these forums that even spilled onto Youtube? He's in our guild.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-05-2010, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
just like the title says.

looking for casual fleet that doesnt use Spartan rules in its structure.

1. no I don't want to wear the same uniform or ship configuration specified by someone else ( I like to play in the CC on my own terms ... not someone else s ).
2. no I don't want to be "required" to use vent ( although yes for the option to use it, and I do... but at times I prefer my own music over too much talking ... depends on my mood )
4. no to required duties or silly team rosters and squads.... ( I want to play at my own pace )
5. no to blind/fanatical fanboism's or haters... yes to monty python jokes.
6. yes to open minds, free thinkers, mild recreational substances and beverages.
7. yes to casual occasional RP, but wont rub Wesley's if you know what I mean.
8. no I don't want to give out all of my personal information to the fleet, you don't need to know my real name or numbers..... maybe later, if we click or not.
9. cant think of any other yes/no/maybe so's at the moment.....

I don't care if you DO or DON'T DO any of the above things or not... I just don't want to be required to.

I am not looking for another military career....just a casual fleet that farts around every now and then and plays the game for what it is... a game....

.(( p.s. I have three characters ATM. an RA5, Cmdr7, and Lt5 ... I switch back and forth frequently ))

Our creed is as follows:

( We are Unity, We are Diversified, We are Role Players, We are: " UNITED FEDERATION ARMADA")

We are now recruiting Federation Officers. Also looking for Klingon Officers for our United Imperial Armada

To apply to (United Federation Armada or United Imperial Armada) a link is provided for you below also we have provided a link to the Voice Communication Client for your convenience:

UNITED FEDERATION ARMADA

Ventrilo

UNITED KLINGON ARMADA

COME TAKE THE JOURNEY THRU THE GALAXY WITH US

IN GAME CONTACT:

Zaafir@durthren
Dracomalitine@dragonlord74
Sol@General.quarters
Malikius@Malikius
-Poke-@ThePoke
13 of 20@wilv
Nexius@NexusGr

" Live Long and Prosper "

WE ARE US/EUROPE BASED 24/7
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Cool !

thanks for the replies everyone... this will give me something to do....

I'll check all the info out.

Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2010, 04:37 PM
are we Militant? NO, do we have military and civilians in our fleets, yes. lol are we rigid? NO! are we comedians and comical? uhm only if you like blue collar

Oh and what's requred? Just enjoy and play the game..