Lt. Commander
# 1 Uniform Clipping issues.
03-22-2010, 05:36 PM
I've seen this issue from day one. The female version of the TNG Film uniforms clips both at the back of the neck and along the rank insignia.

screen shot 1
screen shot 2

This I've just come across upon achieving the rank of Admiral. The rank insignia for Admiral is a completely overlayed collar. The issue is that it not only clips heavily with the rest of the uniform. It appears to be made out of metal.

screen shot 3

Please fix these.

Thanks.

Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Yes, the DS9 and TNG Film uniforms suffer from a neck whose base is much wider than the TNG uniform collar, and the only way I've been able to get the admiral rank insignia to show through even intermittently is to increase the character's neck size to ridiculous (maximum) proportions.

And of course the TNG admiral rank insignia is still missing its texture (front half of collar shows up as gray plastic), which completely ruins any sense of immersion in the game for me, it looks so broken. And this is something that the STO art director assured us in another post weeks ago had been fixed and would be released with the next patch, which has now come to pass without any fix.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Thank you. Certain postures cause the rank pips to completely disappear off my characters now, no matter how high I move the neck bulk slider (which was the only way to try and fix the clipping issues).

The two new postures cause the rank to completely disappear on my female character. Several of the other postures cause severe clipping and partial rank disappearance.

Can't the pips be made "thicker" to help with these clipping issues?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Or just made to be attached to the outer part of the collar of the uniform and not the neck itself perhaps?

Usually the simplest answer is the wisest
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Well, the Admiral pips have been fixed now. What about the problems with female characters and their ranks?