Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
04-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronosk
Let me school you on game mechanics for a sec. Super cannons, that is rich. Anyways this is how it REALLY plays out

What really happens is this:
Bop loads HYT II
Bop loads Rapid fire II
Bop uncloaks, fires jam sensors III
Bop hits SNB
Bop hits Scan senors (drops fed ship damage resist to 68%)
Bop hits Target sub system shields III
Bop shoots Dual beam bank
Bop dumps a Rare Quantum Torp (40 crit severity) and Dual heavy cannon salvo inside of 4 clicks.
Boom, your dead inside of 3 secs.
And you think that's a skillful maneuver? It could be macro'd and a monkey would be able to do it.

The fact that you can do the same exact maneuver to any ship and there is nothing they can do about it shows how OP this is. You don't need tactics or situational awareness at all. Just call targets from cloak and go.

If you think that being able to do that makes you skilled then enjoy your moment in the sun, because you are in for a harsh lesson when things get balanced.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
04-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Prime
And you think that's a skillful maneuver? It could be macro'd and a monkey would be able to do it.

The fact that you can do the same exact maneuver to any ship and there is nothing they can do about it shows how OP this is. You don't need tactics or situational awareness at all. Just call targets from cloak and go.

If you think that being able to do that makes you skilled then enjoy your moment in the sun, because you are in for a harsh lesson when things get balanced.
Oh cmon guys, try to be a little open minded here. I have a RA5 as well in fact I have 2. I can do the very same thing on my escort. Let me lay it out for you.

Locates Target,
Escort comes in on full impulse, (loads HYT and Rapid fire
Escort is in range, hits Jam sensors
Escort fires Sub system shield III and SNB
By this time weapon power is 100 to 125 (if geared right on your BO consoles)
Escort unleashes full onslaught of Cannons, Torps and Beams on Klingon ship
Dead inside of 2 secs if not sooner,
Escort hits EM and Ramming speed to clear danger area if need be, rinse and repeat.
Enough said.
I play Kinglon exclusively now cause Feds in general dont work as a team, Feds in general dont look out for each other, Feds in general dont buff or focus on team awareness.
So please dont make it out to be Klingons are over powered is all falls on the lack of knowledge and user base of your BO buffs and your lack of tactical abilities.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
04-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronosk
Oh cmon guys, try to be a little open minded here. I have a RA5 as well in fact I have 2. I can do the very same thing on my escort. Let me lay it out for you.

Locates Target,
Escort comes in on full impulse, (loads HYT and Rapid fire
Escort is in range, hits Jam sensors
Escort fires Sub system shield III and SNB
By this time weapon power is 100 to 125 (if geared right on your BO consoles)
Escort unleashes full onslaught of Cannons, Torps and Beams on Klingon ship
Dead inside of 2 secs if not sooner,
Escort hits EM and Ramming speed to clear danger area if need be, rinse and repeat.
Enough said.
I play Kinglon exclusively now cause Feds in general dont work as a team, Feds in general dont look out for each other, Feds in general dont buff or focus on team awareness.
So please dont make it out to be Klingons are over powered is all falls on the lack of knowledge and user base of your BO buffs and your lack of tactical abilities.
I didn't say Klingons are OP. DPS is OP right now.

You can do the same thing on an escort yes. It won't be successful as often because cloak really does help to pull this maneuver off. If you are honest, you can admit that.

The point is that there is no strategy in stacking a bunch of dmg buffs and unloading on someone (with optional CC to ensure that no response is possible).

Cloak is not unfair in and of itself, and I would never want to see it taken away from Klingons. It is a defining feature for them. I just think that DPS needs toned down so that cloak isn't as useful as it is right now. It should give Klingons an upper hand to start the fight, not end the fight before it begins by dropping 2/5 fed ships before the whole Klingon team is even uncloaked.

How does my "lack of knowledge and user base of your BO buffs and your lack of tactical abilities" even come into play when you say yourself that any ship will be dead inside 3 secs? That isn't enough time to make a meaningful response. I can activate maybe 3 abilities, but they won't make a real difference.

This ultra short time-to-live is even worse when focus fired. Even with RSP the bleedthrough from 3 ships using this dmg stacking method will kill anyone in just a couple seconds.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
04-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Prime
I didn't say Klingons are OP. DPS is OP right now.

You can do the same thing on an escort yes. It won't be successful as often because cloak really does help to pull this maneuver off. If you are honest, you can admit that.

.
actually it is more likely to be the fed escorts doing this as they can at least get hold of a copy of TSS3, which the KDF seem not to.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
04-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenda
I don't know what you are flying but I suggest that you visit the forum section dealing with your ship of choice and see if you can improve it.

I love the posts that insist (in the way that only teenage boys can) that the Klingons are better than Starfleet. Do I undego brain surgery when I switch sides?
Klinks are not better than Starfleet and vice versa.There are players who are better than others.Depending on the team will depend if you win or lose,as it should be.NOT "balance"issues.My fed buddies are telling me the klinks are pretty strong but by the same token i can say the same for the feddies when i go into space.I last MAYBE 10 seconds once im decloaked in a BOP ship.One on one its a different story but no matter its all good to me.

I know i dont undergo brain surgery when i play as a fed or klink.But i do know i win more often than not.
LOL!

SIGH!I can easily live with no abilities being able to be activated while cloaked or it decloaks you if you do.There happy now?LMAO!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
04-07-2010, 02:13 PM
In all honestly given a premade VS a premade player skill equal (if you will entertain that idea) klingons should never lose a match.
5 BOP's loaded with sci officer captains with a SNB / VM all on their own targets with voice com to initiate the assult SHOULD never lose a match ( i know i have said this before but its the truth)
Its isnt hard to set it up and if need be I can go through and give each and every step on how to do it but truely it is the truth.
the upcoming balance to SNB will prevent this from happening BUT the BOP combo when done right is DEADLY if the fed team is not ready to counter the alpha strike with INSANE heals and buffs
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
04-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardept View Post
actually it is more likely to be the fed escorts doing this as they can at least get hold of a copy of TSS3, which the KDF seem not to.
A raptor gets access to the same BrO stations as an escort, just the ensign level station is tactical instead of science or engineering. A BoP can use it's universal stations for TSS3 if they really want it.

An escort, a raptor, or a bop: any one of those ships has stations to allow two instances of TSS3.

Is there some other reason I am missing that would prevent the KDF ships from getting this skill, or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing when you don't know if what you are saying is true?

I said an honest person can admit that cloak makes pulling off a super-stacked alpha strike easier. However, it's the super-stacked alpha strike that is stupidly OP, not the cloak.

Are you really arguing that TSS3 (which looks to be equally accessible to both factions) is better than cloak for killing someone in a brutal alpha strike?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
04-07-2010, 03:11 PM
I believe his comment about klingons not having TSS3 available had more to do with the minimal amount of bridge officers klingons get while leveling up and the limited selection on the exchange. It's certainly not impossible for klingons to obtain and use TSS3, just not as readily available.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
04-07-2010, 03:25 PM
The only thing thats really making my day abit more challenging is Target subsystem shields III from those bloody escorts. Emergency power to shields obviously has a chance percentage of getting the shields back up, while my poor sci ship is a sitting duck.

Only Cruisers really stand a chance.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:29 PM.