Lt. Commander
# 481
04-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
My-HiME - Mai Tokiha has just transferred to the prestigious Fuuka Academy. En route to the school, she becomes involved in a battle between two girls with magical powers, Hime. She discovers that is also a Hime and that Hime are destined to fight monsters called Orphans. But there is more to the school then it seems. Someone is gathering Hime at Fuuka Academy from across the world. Furthermore, organizations are vying for control of the powers of the Hime. In all of this, the fate of the world hinges on the powers of Mai and the other Hime.

It is a darker, more mature look at the magical girl genre. It eliminates many common tropes of the genre such as transformation sequences and nonlethal combat. By the end of the series, about half the cast is dead.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Kyon is a regular high school student. No, seriously, this time he is a perfectly ordinary high school student. No special powers, latent magical ability, giant robot, or secret ninja lineage. Then he meets a girl who seems more then a little strange, Haruhi Suzumiya. She wants to find any aliens, time travelers, or psychics; Haruhi has no interest in the normal.

One day, Kyon accidentally gives Haruhi the idea to form a club devoted to finding aliens, time travelers, and psychics. Haruhi forces Kyon and several other people to join her club which she calls the SOS Brigade. Unbeknownst to Haruhi however, she has recruited an alien, a time traveler, and a psychic, all of which have an interest in Haruhi. According to them, Haruhi has an ability to reshape reality to fit her whims, but Haruhi doesn't realize it. Normally, this ability is harmless and suppressed, but when Haruhi gets bored, strange things happen. Or she gets really bored, the universe could end. So it is up to Kyon and the rest of the SOS Brigade to keep Haruhi from getting too bored.

Haruhi actually looks pretty good. As for HiME? I might check it out based on that bullet-slicing scene alone. I'll see if I can find them both. Between Persona and 40k, nothing you've suggested to me so far has been bad.
Lt. Commander
# 482
04-09-2010, 05:51 PM
I need some help on finding the name of one Anime mini-series I enjoyed. It was about this teen that got sucked into a war between two kingdoms. These kingdoms were fighting each other with mecha that they discovered and were excavating. There was a girl that was involved that had blue tentacles, which she kept hidden for most of the series, and it was from her that we find out that something had gone wrong in an experiment and merged 3 parallel worlds together, and she was trying to get it fixed so that they would go back on their separate paths.

Anyone have a clue?
Lt. Commander
# 483
04-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrano
I need some help on finding the name of one Anime mini-series I enjoyed. It was about this teen that got sucked into a war between two kingdoms. These kingdoms were fighting each other with mecha that they discovered and were excavating. There was a girl that was involved that had blue tentacles, which she kept hidden for most of the series, and it was from her that we find out that something had gone wrong in an experiment and merged 3 parallel worlds together, and she was trying to get it fixed so that they would go back on their separate paths.

Anyone have a clue?
Sounds kinda like Eureka 7.
Lt. Commander
# 484
04-09-2010, 06:40 PM
No, not Eureka 7.
In the story, the kid hooks up with the soldier, and they go into enemy territory to see what all they have been digging up, and find out that the other kingdom has just unearthed a super mecha. They then have to get back to their own side with the info, only to find out that their side has been hiding a super mecha as well. The girl with the tentacles has to try to fix things before the two kingdoms, not fully understanding the power of these super mecha, destroy each other. In the end, she fixes the problem, and the parallel universes separate, and the mecha all disappear, forcing a peace between the two kingdoms.
Lt. Commander
# 485
04-09-2010, 07:14 PM
'Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure' ring any bells? Kinda sounds like what you are talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 486
04-09-2010, 07:44 PM
My list is short since I don't want to add things before I re watch them. I would rather have a newbie page than one that looks doctored
Lt. Commander
# 487
04-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
My list is short since I don't want to add things before I re watch them. I would rather have a newbie page than one that looks doctored
Oh mine isn't doctored, alot of those on my list I've watched or started watching with Chat quite recently.
Lt. Commander
# 488
04-10-2010, 12:29 AM
I looked at your and Raven's. Sent friend requests as well as added a few more things I can recall watching to so degree. Once I get through Ranma again I will snoop through the lists for my next title. persona is likely just off yours and Raven statements.
Lt. Commander
# 489
04-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Accepted friend request.
Lt. Commander
# 490
04-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
I looked at your and Raven's. Sent friend requests as well as added a few more things I can recall watching to so degree. Once I get through Ranma again I will snoop through the lists for my next title. persona is likely just off yours and Raven statements.
erm persona? is that the game thing that Ravens got Daevan playing?