Lt. Commander
# 31
04-08-2010, 10:56 AM
In a weird coincidence, they had almost this exact discussion on the radio this morning, though instead of a Delorian, it was a hot tub.
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-08-2010, 03:09 PM
That's probably because of the new movie, "Hot Tub Time Machine", that's coming out soon.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-08-2010, 05:58 PM
June 6th 1944, D-Day Allied invasion force off the coast of Normandy.
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasherman View Post
That's probably because of the new movie, "Hot Tub Time Machine", that's coming out soon.
I thought that was pretty obvious. I think it's out already, as well.

The coincidence was that they had that discussion the morning after this thread appeared.
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck
I'd go to April 20th, 1889 to kill a newborn baby in Austria.

And I'm not just saying that for shock value. It's what I'd actually do.

NO NO NO!! You got it all wrong!!! You don't go back and kill him, you go back.. abduct him.. and give him to a traditional Jewish family that will raise him in the faith...

If you are gonna change history, make it funny!!
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilravegirl View Post
NO NO NO!! You got it all wrong!!! You don't go back and kill him, you go back.. abduct him.. and give him to a traditional Jewish family that will raise him in the faith...

If you are gonna change history, make it funny!!
Exactly. I 'won' Hearts of Iron 2, a World War 2 grand strategy game, as the Germans once. And as a joke I created the 'independent' state of Israel. Israeli troops were very useful in police duties in Iraq and Persia and an Israeli Armored Division led by Moshe Dayan took part Operation Morgensonne, my invasion of Japan.

The most interesting part of that game however was the 'Axis' I formed led by Germany, Italy, the United States, and Nationalist China. It also consisted of Vichy France, Scotland, Ireland, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Croatia, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Israel, Jordan, Iraq, Persia, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, India, Siam, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Brazil Argentina, Venezuela, Peru, Chile, South Africa, Central African Republic, Greece, Panama, and the Philippines. Most of those countries joined willingly.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-09-2010, 09:10 PM
1940, because I want to kill Hitler.