Lt. Commander
# 11
04-06-2010, 02:13 AM
It would be nice (read: implement this or else) if the difficulty slider would apply to STFs and make them soloable by you with your BOs (with nerfed rewards, of course). That would let the elites still be elite while letting the rest of us see the content.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureAlliance View Post
It would be nice (read: implement this or else) if the difficulty slider would apply to STFs and make them soloable by you with your BOs (with nerfed rewards, of course). That would let the elites still be elite while letting the rest of us see the content.
I think it was Gozer that stated that STF would not be using the difficulty slider?

<quick search>...
It's in this thread, but this says more. Basically they will not be solo content and the current difficulty is as easy as it gets.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...52#post2514352
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-07-2010, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureAlliance View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legatus
I think it was Gozer that stated that STF would not be using the difficulty slider?

<quick search>...
It's in this thread, but this says more. Basically they will not be solo content and the current difficulty is as easy as it gets.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...52#post2514352
I've been keeping up on the many threads regarding the STF's all over the forum and feel its time I added my voice to this issue.

It's perfectly ok for there to be Raid only content for the many players who need it but at the same time, the solo/casual players are missing out on the great storyline these STF's provide. Khitomer Accord I hear sees the return of Donatra...

A difficulty slider allowing the raids to become easier is a necessity. We all PAY to play STO (whether its lifetime, yearly or monthly) and for Cryptic to essentially 'prevent' a large number of people from enjoying STF story arc is unfair.

What AzureAlliance suggested sounds great, solo 'episode' versions of the STF's with nerfed loot drops. I think alot of us are keen on not missing out on the story.

What do you guys think ?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-07-2010, 05:50 AM
Agree, would really like to see more episodic content or at least more of a variety in exploration missions.

I like the idea of the repeatable missions, but let's face it, that will only be good for the short term.

Would like to see some more solo content. especially challanging solo content that involves bosses with some decent drops.
Not epic drops, but something decent, maybe unlockable ship pieces or some things that are just fluff items.

If they added a lot of variety to exploration missions I would be very happy.
Such as boarding enemy ships, diplomacy with reputation penalties for bad decisions, and content that took place on our own ships (For exploration missions).

I get the MMO bit and so forth, but let's face it, sometimes group content just does not get the job done.

As for the idea of taskforces being toned down, well, how about this.
If you have completed it at least once with a group then you can unlock the ability to run it as a soloable version.

Yea, I would not mind soloable or lesser versions of current taskforce missions at the cost of lesser quality loot.
I think that in some ways would be a good thing.
Would give people a chance to practice the run and they could at least still see the story.

Only main issue I see is, the loot drops as they are now do not seem that high above the gear you can get with tokens, so it may impact the number of groups actually running it on its intended level.

Iconic chars should never be soloable, they should be preserved.
Even if that means people like myself may not any time soon get to fight them or even defeat them, I would still rather wait and have my nervs pushed to the limit than to have what should be an epic fight toned down.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-10-2010, 07:48 AM
You know, I was viewing the original Star Trek Online trailer/clip again and they touted exploring the vast Star Trek Universe and exploring the Galaxy.

I guess once you reach RA5, you don't get to explore anymore. Just mindless group combat.

You know, I have watched every star trek series since the Original Series when I was a kid. When you do the math, like 12% of all episodes were combat oriented. Most of the time, they were solving a mystery or doing diplomacy. Too bad the game isn't more like the shows.

We need more puzzles to solve and more diplomacy.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-10-2010, 09:59 AM
You guys should really read the thread linked by legatus, one quote from it:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...45#post2514945

Question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams
So how about making some pug friendly things other than the Fleet Ops. Which by the way, don't give good enough rewards for doing them.

Answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
We are.. but I'm not responsible for that type of content currently. There are several content guys on the team and many are working on that type of content right now, however I can't make them come here and tell you about it.

I have a couple more STF's I have to get out for the STF crowd, and then I'll be making several cool non-combat missions that are for everyone reguardless of player level... thats pretty much my schedule for the next few months..