Lt. Commander
# 101
04-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
It's the fact that he specially says they are not meant to be PUG friendly that worries me, sure the majority of ppl are running them, but how many of those ppl are PUGs and how many actually run with vent, ect, and/or complete them?
They are not made for PUG groups. The designer specifically stated this in another post. I am happy for this, maybe you should join a fleet and help with team work?
Lt. Commander
# 102
04-07-2010, 11:43 AM
We tried that approach, trekker has a fleet. They just don't do it apparently.

And WoW raids never used to be for PuG's but it still seemed to be fairly popular.

Oh dear I said the W word didn't I.
Lt. Commander
# 103
04-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
It's the fact that he specially says they are not meant to be PUG friendly that worries me, sure the majority of ppl are running them, but how many of those ppl are PUGs and how many actually run with vent, ect, and/or complete them?
Well, like any other developer from which i played a MMO, cryptic does also overestimate the difficulty of their "dungeons". I play the STFs often in PUGs and with the exception of one time i never used voice chat. I really don't see the problem doing them in a PUG. Sure, you will not be able to do it in under an hour, but who cares? Most of the groups i played with did infected in ~2h, which is perfectly fine for me. So, if cryptic really intended to make them only for the hardcore players, then they simply failed (which is a good thing, although i would like to have an option to increase difficulty of a STF).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiedelH
And this is the important point, because so so often named "big" MMO had the same problem, they created nearly exclusively content for the top few percent of the player based and the rest didnt get anything. All that only really changed much later when raids got somewhat easier and they added a lot of "casual" content. At the moment it does look like STO focuses only on the top end crowd and the really is nothing else than STFs right now.
I think you compare the wrong aspects of WoW and STO. You compare the STFs with the raids of WoW, which is misleading. STFs have absolutly nothing to do with raiding in WoW. The equivalent in WoW of STFs would be the 5 man instances like scholomance or stratholme and they are hardly for the "top end crowd". While Blizzard abandoned this type of content soon after the release of every new expansion, cryptic provides new STFs every 2-3 weeks (i hope this continues).
Lt. Commander
# 104
04-08-2010, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kor_Dahar_Master View Post
Whatever you need to tell yourself dude..............
I dunno why you wanna turn a mmo into a single player game other than the fact you are used to single player games on "easy or god mode" but your gonna fail cos no designer is gonna do that.
Some people play MMO`s because of the community and the fact that u can chat and choose to team up with others. I have played MMo`s for 10 years and i have never liked missions were i have to team up and have to wait for this or that. I simply would have loved a MMO were u could do everthing Solo and i would not mind at all to get less shiny stuff as reward than the dedicated raiders do.

So my quit MMo list because of used up Solo content over the years start to be long and includes most MMO`s out there. Shortest play time in a MMO 1 month in WoW bcause it sucked, longest 6 yrs in AO bcause of the good community. Average on the others 6mnths to a yr.

Problem with designers not wanna do something for the casual solo MMO` ers out there is the fact that people like urself is the people who yells the loudest.

As for Easy mode, most MMO`s are not considered to be easy to solo to top lvl , in facts its hard work and dedication. And we dont even have a GodMode button.
Lt. Commander
# 105
04-09-2010, 08:35 PM
So I made it through the Cure today. Great group of people to work with. Actually I think I was more tag along. But it took forever. My buddy said there are 5 hours raids in these online games . oy vey.
Lt. Commander
# 106
04-10-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaney
So I made it through the Cure today. Great group of people to work with. Actually I think I was more tag along. But it took forever. My buddy said there are 5 hours raids in these online games . oy vey.
Five hours? Bloomin eck.

Although my last one took 4, one of the Borg rooms was bugged, 2 of them were non hostile and nonattackable, so they kept respawning the whole room and locked out the 2nd respawn point.

Had to clear one room 3 times till they all became active.
Lt. Commander
# 107
04-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWulf
Five hours? Bloomin eck.

Although my last one took 4, one of the Borg rooms was bugged, 2 of them were non hostile and nonattackable, so they kept respawning the whole room and locked out the 2nd respawn point.

Had to clear one room 3 times till they all became active.

Infected can be done in a hour or so with no npc or time exploits.

The cure in 49 mins 1 second with no npc or time exploits.

PS: thanks for a excuse to waggle my epeen again.
Lt. Commander
# 108
04-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kor_Dahar_Master View Post
Infected can be done in a hour or so with no npc or time exploits.

The cure in 49 mins 1 second with no npc or time exploits.

PS: thanks for a excuse to waggle my epeen again.
You're very welcome.

However I am gonna charge you for the next one. You've had several free.