Lt. Commander
# 1 Reset Graphics settings
04-10-2010, 05:43 AM
Hi all
My issue has only started since i upgraded my graphics card. I went from a Nvidia 6800GT to a ATI 5750HD.

Now every time i try and start the game I get to the character selection screen my monitor flickers between the selection screen, desktop and a blank screen. Ive read that with some ATI cards it is recommended to turn off dynamic lighting but I cant even get that far into the game. Is there some sort of command or work around to reset the graphics settings to thier minimum settings so I can at least attempt to get into the game?

Many thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Delete: gameprefs.pref in E:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata.
The game should create a new one.
There's another one in E:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\localdata but that one doesn't actually contain any display settings. There's also one in your playtest if you ever signed up for the test server, so don't confuse that as well.

Like always, backup any file you change/delete before you make any changes. I've done it earlier before when I was messing with some settings and the game'll generally fix anything out of bounds.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Finally got there! just a note for anyone else having similar issues. Ive found that turning off Anti-aliasing and postprocessing does the job (I have had everything else maxed and have been playing for an hour now without issue)