Lt. Commander
# 61
04-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Zek's and Rom's reforms were never actually shown. DS9 ended with Rom becoming Nagus and Zek retiring with Ishka. In non-canon literature (which is where all reforms come from), the consequences of these reforms look a bit different than your utopia.
The Ferengi economy was thrown into chaos and remained a divided society, with some companies/political parties stickling to the old ways and not allowing females to work or do business with them; and liberal groups, partly female-only or female-friendly companies. As a result, many female Ferengi took advantage of the new laws, but many males still protest this long after the reforms went through.

In other words, that's only a reason for female Ferengi to run to the Federation. Parts of the male population (and hinted also some females, like Rom's first wife Prinadora) still follow the old way, and would not join Starfleet because the Federation supported Rom aka what brought Ferenginar to fall in their eyes.

Hence Ferengi should be more neutral and divided. It is more likely that males would support the KDF out of sheer protest against the Federation, or work as spies to sell them out to any enemy that comes around (not neccessarily KDF, could also be Romulans, Cardassians, whoever else has unfinished business).

IF the devs already had Klingon ships for the other tiers ready... They would have realesed them with the 2 now available. What reason would there be to not do that, other than not having them?

Some people here should scroll up and look what the game is called. Its still not Starfleet or Federation Online. Its Star Trek, and Star Trek is also about a damn lot other species and factions than humans. Just because I dislike Federation ship design, it doesn't mean I dislike starships in general. As I said, I like a lot alien ships, on both sides; and I'm not alone with that. Its not that your taste is better or something, its just different and I see no reason why people with a different shouldn't get a ship they like.
Lt. Commander
# 62
04-12-2010, 06:05 AM
Quote:
IF the devs already had Klingon ships for the other tiers ready... They would have realesed them with the 2 now available. What reason would there be to not do that, other than not having them?
What makes you think they are ready and not a "Work In Progress" like virtually the entire unfinished Klingon faction?

Like i said, wait for them to make a Civilian or "Alien" faction.
The only current factions are Starfleet and the Klingon Defense Force.

Deal with it.
Lt. Commander
# 63
04-12-2010, 06:40 AM
So what? Like I've said a thousand times, it's 30 years in the future from all the shows, what goes and what doesn't can be rewritten at a whim to suit the needs of players here. Get over that.
Lt. Commander
# 64
04-12-2010, 06:42 AM
In response to OP....

no

that's it, move along...
Lt. Commander
# 65
04-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
So what? Like I've said a thousand times, it's 30 years in the future from all the shows, what goes and what doesn't can be rewritten at a whim to suit the needs of players here. Get over that.
Your wrong, there are a lot of Canon continuity that cannot be violated.
All new episodes cryptic makes, even the color of the weapons has to be approved by CBS/Paramount.
So it definatley can not be rewritten on a whim.

30 years into the future? What does that matter? there is no precedent for non-starfleet ships in starfleet, which in trek timeline has been around for centuries.
Its completely illogical to even suggest it, as why would starfleet waste their personell on inferior ships?
Ship building has never been a problem for starfleet, manning them however has.
Lt. Commander
# 66
04-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
The spaceships in STO are really easy to make, they don't have any moving parts, there is no complicated rigging, no deformations you can apply to them during character creation, really nothing to it.
The only thing I've seen is various stages of battle damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
What makes you think they are ready and not a "Work In Progress" like virtually the entire unfinished Klingon faction?

Like i said, wait for them to make a Civilian or "Alien" faction.
The only current factions are Starfleet and the Klingon Defense Force.

Deal with it.
Klingons are quiting in droves, won't they be surprised when Cryptic rolls out the Klingon PvE and ship/character customization they've been keeping under wraps. :p

"Work In Progress"??? Now that's really funny. Where's the work and where's the progress? All I see is Klingons falling further behind since release.

There's only one real faction in Federation Online. Once Klingon players accept their 3rd world status as a monstor faction everything comes into proper focus.
Lt. Commander
# 67
04-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
The only thing I've seen is various stages of battle damage.
That's a texture though, doesn't affect the acctual model of the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 68
04-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Battle damage is basically some holes in the texture. Its done by painting some black dots on the alpha map. Takes 5 minutes at best. And the NPC ships have battle damage, too, so its already there.