Lt. Commander
# 1 Weapons will not fire !
04-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Sometimes when i'm attacked my phasers and torpedos refuse to fire can anyone tell me what can cause that this is my first real computer game so i;m a bit lost on some of this 44 yrs old you would think i'd know more ...any help tho thanks everyone
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-11-2010, 12:49 AM
can't really give more advice unless you paint the scenario where this happens, but at best i'd say your enemies might not be lined up in your firing arc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Have the same problem since theg ame went online.
I've postet Bug reports regularly, but nothing has happened since.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-11-2010, 01:08 AM
When faced by multiple targets which are firing on me auto fire torpedos DON'T so i go to phasers and then my shields fail i get blown to bits and then start over and over and over and over you get the idea?But this only happens once in a while and this is the first time i noticed it the instance before the weapons worked and the one after they worked then they did'nt again and i get tired of getting blown up over and over i don't know if i changed a setting or something else is wrong but it's driving me NUTS ...so any ideas please????????
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-11-2010, 01:16 AM
I expercienced a bug a couple of times, no matter if ground or space - fight, where pressing the weapon-hotkeys or klicking on it with the mouse doesn't fire weapons. This occurs randomly and when it happens the hotkeys stay grey and cannot be activated anymore, there isn't a "you pressed that button"-animation anymore. It happened to me one time on a ground mission and one time in space-combat where two of my rear weapons did not function. I was able to re-activate the ship weapons with putting them from the ship into the inventory and back. On the ground mission i had to give up and beam out because i didnt find a way to get my weapons functional, but i can't remember if i tried to equip/unequip them.

As far as i can tell this is not a user made issue, there was no debuff or something that blocked to fire the weapons or so. The hotkeys simply greyed out and from this point where not usable again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2010, 01:17 AM
I only have this problem when I overload my phasers and duel Phaser beams which in the end sucks because I have to either finish the mission with 2 or 3 phaser beams or warp out and go back in.
Lt. Commander
This is a "known" issue (in the sense that it has appeared on the bug forum and has had a Cryptic response).

( http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=134971 )

I used to have this problem *all the time.* I swapped out my Tactical Officer's Overload Beam Weapon ability for something else and never had it again. So, from my experience, it is related to that ability.

Until there is a patch that specifically says this is addressed, I would argue that the Overload Beam ability is unusable and should be replaced.