Lt. Commander
# 31
04-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by febostaf View Post
SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT dont read past this if you have not finished the series

I honestly CRIED when Eddie died, and i cried harder when Oy died.

and that was only 5 months ago

i bet everyone else who read the series did too.
After the first book as much as I loved any character I knew not to be surprised when anybody died. Rolland, as much as he protected his Ka-tet would always ultimately choose stopping the man in black over anything else, even his own life.
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-11-2010, 01:48 PM
i was prepaired for them to die, i knew it was coming but it did still make me sad
and by crying i whimpered a little and wiped at my eyes with a tissue like an old woman watching a Lifetime Original movie
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Eddie, Oy and Jake's deaths were rough, but it worked out alright in the end. Remember the scene in New York?
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
Eddie, Oy and Jake's deaths were rough, but it worked out alright in the end. Remember the scene in New York?
yea but that was a wierd alternate dimension, thoes were not OUR Eddie and jake. plus honestly i have to say susannah did not deserve that 'happy ending' IMO. she should have stuck with roland
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by febostaf View Post
yea but that was a wierd alternate dimension, thoes were not OUR Eddie and jake. plus honestly i have to say susannah did not deserve that 'happy ending' IMO. she should have stuck with roland
They still seemed to recognize her, or at least Eddie did, although I suppose that's really just part of the whole Ka-Tet thing. I'll agree with you, though, Susannah copped out by leaving Roland. She's a great character, but she should've stuck with him.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Normally, I'm forgiving of a movie adaptation to a book that I like...

But I'm terrified of a Dark Tower movie. It's my favorite book series ever. Why am I terrified? Stephen King allowed them to change the end of "The Mist" for the movie adaptation. While I understand that the movie needed a "proper ending" to get mass appeal, it ruined it, in my opinion.

What changes will he concede to in order to make the Tower more accessible to a film audience? I guarantee that they'll change the ending... even in his book, he said that many people won't like it, but it was the only way it could have ended.

I've always said that, if a movie were to be made, I'd want it to be animated. Live-action will have a terribly hard time capturing the fantastical world that I see in my mind. (With Michael Whelan's artwork to help, of course.)