Lt. Commander
# 1 A question.
04-10-2010, 09:03 PM
This may sound like a really dumb question from someone who has been playing since open beta, but for the life of me I can't figure this out.

How do you find and use emotes in this game? I know I at least have hte "Shaka" one, but how do I use it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2010, 09:24 PM
In-game...if you look at the bottom right hand corner of your chat window, right next to the text entry, there's a button you can press. That brings up a menu - from there you can navigate to a list of emotes.

There's a partial list on STOwiki...it's out of date, as several emotes were added with Season One, but it's a good place to start.

If you start manually typing an emote command (/em text) into the text entry field, the game will 'autocomplete' the emote; it will predict what you're looking for and offer suggestions.

If you wish to do an emote action without any accompanying text being transmitted (ie. speech or whatever that goes with the emote), use /emote_notext instead.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Thank you very much!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acylion
In-game...if you look at the bottom right hand corner of your chat window, right next to the text entry, there's a button you can press. That brings up a menu - from there you can navigate to a list of emotes.

There's a partial list on STOwiki...it's out of date, as several emotes were added with Season One, but it's a good place to start.

If you start manually typing an emote command (/em text) into the text entry field, the game will 'autocomplete' the emote; it will predict what you're looking for and offer suggestions.

If you wish to do an emote action without any accompanying text being transmitted (ie. speech or whatever that goes with the emote), use /emote_notext instead.
so if I wanted to salute someone and use the salute animation programed i type /em salute?

or is there something else I should do. what about if I want to use an emote animation but provide flavor text?

I keep typing /salute in game and that never works and I don't like leaving the emote window open all the time so I can just click the one I want.