Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Not sure what else to say. Is this intentional?

P.S. Sometimes the skill doesn't even work. It won't activate and go on cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Not sure what else to say. Is this intentional?

P.S. Sometimes the skill doesn't even work. It won't activate and go on cooldown.
I had similar issues with many abilities and have found my problem, it might help you and some others too.

Under Options - Controls. There is an option to "Auto Assist target"... I forget the exact wording, but it's something along those lines. What this option does (it says in the tooltip), is select the appropriate target for what you're trying to do.

Example: You have a Enemy targetted and you hit "Science Team III" expecting to clear some debuffs or regen shields on yourself. If the enemy has another friendly targetted, you automatically target that friendly and hit it with Sci Team.

Another Example: You have a friendly targetted, and hit space bar to start firing. You will auto target the friendly's enemy target (if he has one) and start attacking it.

The down side of this is subtle. Consider this: You have a Borg Cube targetted at 15km away. The Borg Cube has another one of your team targetted, and he is 12km (outside of Science Team Range) away from you. You hit science team and nothing happens, because it's trying to use Sci Team on the Cube's Target, which is outside of your range.

Ever used Tactical Initiaive, and your cooldowns don't reset, or used Security Team and the team appears on someone else? Same thing has happened. The option exists for both space and ground, independantly, so set it while in space, and set it when on ground, seperately.

I've disabled this option and A LOT of my ability usage problems have gone away.

So, to get back to your original question, I suspect that you have the option switched on, and one of your team mates just got Tactical Initiaive thrown on them. Check if, after using an ability that deselected your target, you have another random friendly target targetted. If so, definitely the problm as described above.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelza View Post
Ever used Tactical Initiaive, and your cooldowns don't reset, or used Security Team and the team appears on someone else? Same thing has happened. The option exists for both space and ground, independantly, so set it while in space, and set it when on ground, seperately.

I've disabled this option and A LOT of my ability usage problems have gone away.

So, to get back to your original question, I suspect that you have the option switched on, and one of your team mates just got Tactical Initiaive thrown on them. Check if, after using an ability that deselected your target, you have another random friendly target targetted. If so, definitely the problm as described above.
Well I do have the option on. Yes, sometimes the cooldowns don't reset. The problem with it is that the button doesn't activate at all - much less give it to another person. And I thought tactical initiative was just myself? Maybe you're referring to Tac team? That works. Yes, I usually manually target myself before I use a team because it would give it to someone else.