Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Ty for clearing that up Kestrel
Now how about stolling along to the klingon problem thread and saying something reguarding some of the problems highlighted there?
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
There is Klingon-specific PvE content in Season 2, including a new Klingon-specific villian group.
Is.... is there any hope it's the Kinshaya?
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borysthenis
Is.... is there any hope it's the Kinshaya?
it is the packleds
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
There is Klingon-specific PvE content in Season 2, including a new Klingon-specific villian group.
I know people saying " No offence " turn around and are offensive when they start a statement in this manner . Kestral , I know you're just the messenger , but I'll believe it when I see it . This is so typical of the Lip service paid to Klingons by Cryptic over the last 5 months , I'm a cynic now and you've ( Cryptic ) have done absolutely nothing to counter this belief.

There's an old adage " You can baffle me with ******** , or you can dazzle me with brillance. " so far it's been the first part of the statement.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-12-2010, 05:37 PM
A Dev post in the klingon forums?
OMG!
Rumour has it this is the most hated section of the forums @ cryptic, care to comment Kestrel? :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-12-2010, 07:33 PM
So to shed a little light on why you're not seeing new content NOW:

What you guys are seeing in now is stuff that was being worked on during open beta and in the few weeks after launch.

The art team had more time during this period because of what we call "art freeze." Their work for launch had to be done early so that it could be loaded on the discs and you wouldn't have a massive patch when you installed the game.

The content team wasn't frozen -- it was working on issues up until launch and after, so we didn't have much time for "new." But we weren't going to send the artists home to watch Spongebob for six weeks, so they worked on making new ships and a lot of the art heavy things you see now in Season 1.

Post launch, one of my big tasks was writing stories for the Klingon star clusters, because that was something we wanted to get in as soon as possible. Now that the clusters are live, *and* the content designers have some more time for new Episodes, *and* we've freed up some of the artists and systems designers to make new and awesome art and villians, we can work on things that we've been wanting to do and you've been wanting to see -- like Klingon Episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QoSheba View Post
A Dev post in the klingon forums?
OMG!
Rumour has it this is the most hated section of the forums @ cryptic, care to comment Kestrel? :p
It is not (although you'll never get me to divulge which is. )

And for the record, I play an Orion.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Quote:
It is not (although you'll never get me to divulge which is. )

And for the record, I play an Orion.
Well, I play joined trill, that does not mean I am enjoying federation more than Klingon, it just means I play it. I am sorry if I sound angry but until developers take this matter serious and do something the Klingons are going to stay in the basement of the fun scale...
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
So to shed a little light on why you're not seeing new content NOW:

What you guys are seeing in now is stuff that was being worked on during open beta and in the few weeks after launch.

The art team had more time during this period because of what we call "art freeze." Their work for launch had to be done early so that it could be loaded on the discs and you wouldn't have a massive patch when you installed the game.

The content team wasn't frozen -- it was working on issues up until launch and after, so we didn't have much time for "new." But we weren't going to send the artists home to watch Spongebob for six weeks, so they worked on making new ships and a lot of the art heavy things you see now in Season 1.

Post launch, one of my big tasks was writing stories for the Klingon star clusters, because that was something we wanted to get in as soon as possible. Now that the clusters are live, *and* the content designers have some more time for new Episodes, *and* we've freed up some of the artists and systems designers to make new and awesome art and villians, we can work on things that we've been wanting to do and you've been wanting to see -- like Klingon Episodes.
Mmm...what?
stories for the clusters...? Lets see, I got something like this in regards to the azlesa expanse

antonette (or whatever): Hey dude, get to azlesa expanse and check out 3 scans.

I go to the azlesa and do the missions and turn in...

and rise and repeat.

There is no story behind it, there is no great adventure, it leads to exacly the 3 missions and then nowhere...what story are you talking about, or is this something thats supposedly coming in patch 2.0?

Oh and if you even think of the fleet actions like the crystalline entity, forget about it, its good work but it goes unused since Klingons...they don't group...said it time and time again, I almost have to bribe ppl to even run 1st part in infection...forget about fleet actions...

either its wrong in the player base since we have so few PvE'rs or the developers are just not understanding where the klingon player base is at currently.

Let me try again and explain the situation at hand. Since we did not have any kind of PvE viable options for levelling the Klingon BG5's are based a great majority in a playerbase that enjoys PvP. To try and get those players that enkoys PvP more to get to PvE is going to take a smaller miracle or basically make gear worthwhile for them to PvE. Otherwise you can throw away all the time you want on PvE stuff, its going to be wasted on the PvP majority of the playerbase.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Question is will there be enough - Cryptic as a company has proven that their games are great for 30 days -and then you learn how little content they have. Same was true with CoH/CoV, CO, and same goes with STO. So lets see if Cryptic will suprise us, and to be fair it won’t be difficult since my expectations willbe set very low.