Lt. Commander
# 21
02-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Most people who watched DS9 will realize this mission is a take-off of the episode "In The Cards".
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-19-2010, 08:13 PM
I did recognize that the mission was a salute to the DS9 episode. Sadly it doesn't make it any less pointless or irritating. Fetch quests in MMO's are not what anyone could call variety.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alligator View Post
Talk to Captain James Kurland to complete it. He can be found in Operations aboard DS9.

I'm going to try this too. My stage will not so that's it done!
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-21-2010, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetes
I did recognize that the mission was a salute to the DS9 episode. Sadly it doesn't make it any less pointless or irritating. Fetch quests in MMO's are not what anyone could call variety.
/agreed

I don't mind a fetch quest and the fact that it is taken from a DS9 episode is cool. But, as a game mechanic it is not fun at all. The cost is insanely high for such little reward. This is almost a joke that is being played to insult the players intelligence. I only know that the reward item is a rare item because I have not (and will not do this quest.

There are far better rare items on the Exchange and for much less the cost. Missions like this are reasons why Gamespots review labeled this game as "mediocre". This mission should be altered and done in a way that is more fun and rewarding.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-21-2010, 01:07 AM
One of the Devs said that the Aid missions weren't working as intended to begin with. I drop them all, but completed this one anyway despite the energy credit cost.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP-Gallows
Wow... you can get these things on the exchange for next to nothing. Quit your Beeching perhaps cryptic is trying to get people to think outside the box.

Finished this mission in less than 10 minutes and got a lot of points.

You're all a bunch of filthy space aliens. And stupid ones at that.
No. It cost me 70k Energy Credits. That ain't next to nothing. Next to nothing is like 5 credits.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-12-2010, 11:18 AM
My easy guide to completing this mission.

Step 1: Hit J
Step 2: Click on this quest
Step 3: Hit "Drop"
Step 4: Hit "Yes"
Step 5: Winner is you.

Try it out, satisfaction guaranteed!*

* (Satisfaction not guaranteed. Guarantee void in Tennessee.)
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTBenjamin View Post
Most people who watched DS9 will realize this mission is a take-off of the episode "In The Cards".
See now if they would had done the quest like in that episode, it would had been awsome. There is no using a Barter system when you have to buy the items off a vendor.

I think the original intension was to make a energy credit sink, but all it did, was effect the economy making a viable market for the people who knew what the quest needed, and offering it on the exchange for twice what they are worth. Good business for them, but it defeates the whole point of the quest.

They started it off pretty good, but it seems they skiped a step so you can get the self-sealing stem bolts by doing someone else a favor. Maybe they ran out of time in making the quest, and just had to "make do" I just hope they can make some quests that actually follow the "Barter syatem" story line without making them a "Just buy it off the exchange" type quests.