Lt. Commander
# 11
03-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Show on the screenprint where the bad man trolled you.
/Whimpers *Points to Finger* Will you show me the "Kiss and Make it better" button? =D
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Heck if you're going to go there, here's my two cents on it.

I was online yesterday for like four hours maybe less and got at least 1 tell an hour if not more from gold sellers.
Hitting the "report spam" button only works if enough players report it before cryptic will do anything about them. Which is to block them from sending tells.
I've gotten more aggressive over the last month by opening a ticket and reporting them that way also besides putting them on my ignore list. (adding in the @account info)
This allows the gm's to ban the accounts these gold sellers use.

A report abuse button would be nice along with report spam button, but I see the problems it would cause.
Possible problems.

Person A said BLAH in an open channel like zone to person B, Person C dosen't like what Person A said even though not being part of the discusion reports person A for abuse. Person A gets 24 hour chat ban etc for no reason other than person C didn't like what was said and taken out of context.

Nooby A asks a question in zone chat, Player B (RA5) answers with "whatever" and Nooby A takes it wrong and reports it as abuse. (like we vets of MMO'S haven't seen that happen in chat)

Those of us that have been here since OB have seen all the new players coming in at and after launch asking questions and getting really good answers (and even a more than a few smart alick answers)
All it takes is some 15 year old kid (nerd raging) to take your post in zone the wrong way and your next 24 hours are chat ban hell. (which would really mess up that raiding party you're running with tonight if you can't talk in chat)

Those are just an examples of how this could be abused by anyone and turn your day of gaming into a nightmare. And this can be used by either party, the abused and the abuser. (which in its self is just to darn funny to think about)
The abused reports the abuser for abuse and at the same time the abuser reports the abused for abuse! lol

Later.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-19-2010, 11:12 AM
See, the wording really does reflect Cryptic policy; that's why the policy needs to change with the wording:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...85#post2393385
Lt. Commander
OP URL - http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=149781
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticFury
Earlier today while I was at Earth Spacedock a player named <REMOVED BY POSTER> approached me and asked for help. As a fleet leader I was pleasant and offered to help him out but he in turn told me that his 'weiner was stuck in his pants' and that he wanted me to help him out. He repeated this several times and I ignored him.

Later during a fleet social gathering he showed up and began harassing my fleet members. I had already ignored him so I didn't notice it until they mentioned it on our chat channel. He was dancing around us and spamming chat when I decided to try and reason with him he got abusive. I told him he will get himself banned if he keeps it up and asked him nicely to leave, after telling me to go 'eat ma sh*t' he insisted nothing would happen because he knows the system.

I therefore decided after learning of the report feature (under request GM help) that aside from reporting him along with those he was bothering I'd take screenshots of his abuse as evidence.

I'm hoping he was not right about the system and that he will be banned. Apologies if this wasn't the right way to go about it but aside from in game reporting I am unsure how else to action this.
further proof that "spam reporting is only for gold spam" is woefully inadequate. someone FOLLOWING a player (and then his fleet/group) and making sexual comments... there has GOT to be a better solution than reporting them as a player-conduct ticket that may or may not be looked @ this month.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-11-2010, 10:21 AM
I think it should be made a separate option on the context menu when you right click on a player or a name in chat.

Add a "report behavior" button to that menu. Make it a separate report that does NOT have an auto-silence, nor does it automatically ignore the player. That would reduce how badly it could in turn be abused.

And it should include include a warning "Misuse of this report will be punished."

I completely agree, though, that we need a more intuitive way to report abusive players.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-12-2010, 09:14 PM
On a related note; this weekend you could report obscene character names you found via the Captain's Database on the web. It was pointed out to me in IRC (and I confirmed) that you can't anymore. On Falkoren's urging, I opened a ticket about this; it's since been blown off by a GM and marked "Resolved" since you can report ingame.

I'll be following up with Falkoren about that response tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-13-2010, 12:19 AM
I request a Report the Report Abuser button for the crybabies that like to play Nanny.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-13-2010, 04:06 AM
I actually use the Report Spam button for other kinds of abuse too - once in PvP on the Fed side this guy kept full impulsing into battles and suiciding (yes I know how often this happens), and we asked him nicely to stop at which point he started trolling and saying that we didnt come to help him suicide .

He then said to the Zone "Klingons come get me at spawn I have taken my shields off so that you can win quickly"

The feds were actually winning at this point and we tried to reason with him saying we have a rare opportunity to win here...

Anyway I see it as suicide spam so it still is a form a spam.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-13-2010, 04:15 AM
How quickly do you think a report abuse button will get abused?