Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
04-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
There's a ridiculous amount of KDF uniform items seen on NPCs that we can't use. Trenchcoats, eyepatches, sashes, armor / uniforms, gorn / orion / nausicaan clothing and uniforms, etc.
Really, WTH is up with that?

PC models need a bit more size and movement flexibility... but wouldn't it have made more sense to design the bits for that in the first place?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
04-13-2010, 01:08 AM
How do you recognize female Nausicaan and Gorn from males? They are all ugly predators/lizardmen. I myself didnt know they even have a gender.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
04-13-2010, 03:01 AM
I understand that SOME of the NPCs have outfits that would need work to be used for player characters, like coats and sashes that would clip with other items or need animations for different movement. But really, an eyepatch? There's nothing that would technically conflict about an eyepatch. Not to mention ANY hairstyle. Stuff on the head would really be easy to take from the NPC version.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
04-13-2010, 08:20 AM
I thing that with the coats is a bad excuse.

Swordmasters use those coats and the can do every move I can do. And clipping: Klingons just have 2 kinds of clothes (women just 1) and one of them the swordmaster wears, so the coat should work at last for 50%
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-13-2010, 08:29 AM
I want more modest clothes options, dammit!!! Why do I have to choose between showing off my cleavage and showing off my midriff as well as my cleavage?!?! I'm a Klingon (well, actually, a weird Alien thing), not some kind of sadomasochistic prostitute!!! At least give me a coat to cover up when walking around Qo'nos...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
04-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
I understand that SOME of the NPCs have outfits that would need work to be used for player characters, like coats and sashes that would clip with other items or need animations for different movement. But really, an eyepatch? There's nothing that would technically conflict about an eyepatch. Not to mention ANY hairstyle. Stuff on the head would really be easy to take from the NPC version.
Speaking of the eyepatches, I could swear they were selectable in beta at some point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
04-13-2010, 01:23 PM
The swordmaster doesn't use emotes, that's when a player character moves differently than a NPC. But... player characters can use emotes when wearing off duty robes. That's not so different from a long coat. So the excuse about trenchcoats went away when off duty robes were introduced.

I hereby withdraw my statement that I understand some NPC clothes would need work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-14-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
The swordmaster doesn't use emotes, that's when a player character moves differently than a NPC. But... player characters can use emotes when wearing off duty robes. That's not so different from a long coat. So the excuse about trenchcoats went away when off duty robes were introduced.

I hereby withdraw my statement that I understand some NPC clothes would need work.
Most of the Emotes just use Arms. That shouldnt be the Problems.
Swordmasters are Sitting and using some Emotes at Quo'nos, look at the NPCs.
The only Empotes wich mitght not work are the Dances. My Character is not a Dancer. So I'd change all dances against that fracking Coat!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-14-2010, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Most of the Emotes just use Arms. That shouldnt be the Problems.
Swordmasters are Sitting and using some Emotes at Quo'nos, look at the NPCs.
The only Empotes wich mitght not work are the Dances. My Character is not a Dancer. So I'd change all dances against that fracking Coat!
Clothes are basically just textures tbh. The devs can't use the excuse that they need to redo the entire clothing article to fit with the emotes because it's based on the skeletal movements of the toon, not the texture itself. This is exactly the reason I do NOT understand why the devs simply don't paste a few item codes on the tailor and get it over with. It would be a nice gesture to people that like to play with their KDF toons if they did add it.
And what if some stuff would clip? Let's be honest people, it isn't like the current outfits are clipping free, far off even.
Again it takes a little over 10 minutes to add things like that to a tailor NPC (used to be a heavy modder for Oblivion, Fallout 3 and even Neverwinter Nights so I do have a pretty good idea what I'm talking about).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
04-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
Clothes are basically just textures tbh. The devs can't use the excuse that they need to redo the entire clothing article to fit with the emotes because it's based on the skeletal movements of the toon, not the texture itself. This is exactly the reason I do NOT understand why the devs simply don't paste a few item codes on the tailor and get it over with. It would be a nice gesture to people that like to play with their KDF toons if they did add it.
And what if some stuff would clip? Let's be honest people, it isn't like the current outfits are clipping free, far off even.
Again it takes a little over 10 minutes to add things like that to a tailor NPC (used to be a heavy modder for Oblivion, Fallout 3 and even Neverwinter Nights so I do have a pretty good idea what I'm talking about).
Well i used a lot of Mods at Oblivion and NWN2, there were a lot of well done things. (and you could get Coats at Fallout 3 wich where not intendet for Players and they worked fine)

Ansother "argument" is, that things like the Coat are not "seperatet" available from the rest of the Clothes.

Well the Chars WITH Coats have diffrent Heads and diffrend Colors.
Since there are just 2 Clothes.... who the f*** cares if you cant use the TOS uniform with the Coat? Then it IS even one klick for the whole clothes-set, there is almost no choice anyway.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:56 AM.