Lt. Commander
# 31
04-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kor_Dahar_Master View Post
All the content is for "casual" and "hardcore" players, the only diff is that the hardcore can do it faster.

Unfortunatly apart from making every mission fully zergable by numpties who think hammering fire all weapons over and over = skill their will be very little content for unbelievably crappy players.
I apologize i mis stated what i meant and Kor_dahar_master cleared it up for me what i should have said. is they werendt designed for a casual pickup group to walkthrough.. they can do it however it may be extremely difficult and frusterating for you to finish.. where me and Kor_Dahar_Master and our team completed the cure in 49 minutes withouit skipping any trash mobs no exploits it may take a pug to complete it in 4 hours or more? thats all i meant i shouldnt have said you cant do it... well because you can, I met Kor in a PUG and we started grouping together and have ever since owned these instances =D my biggest bit of advice is meet or try to meet some people that enjoy a good challenge.. than group together alot and round out yer group formation ships duties etc etc.. eventually you will laugh at how easy this stuff is and enjoy a good challenge
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Order of Thirty and the 181st went through today and completed Khittomer on our first attempt, took us a while but finally did it

Final Boss Kill Shot
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...5-00-45-43.jpg

tbh I'm really not as happy with that one as I was with the others. Irellevant of time taken (took us 4 hours total including bio's/smoke breaks and crashes), it just felt like a bit too much of a slog.

The bit with the consoles and unlocking em was good, but took a few attempts, and I did like the way you could really feel the difference betweeb the difficulty of the old and new Borg and definitely no faults with the storyline and the way it tied up the events of the tutorial.

(I did find the bit where we supplied the guns we gave ourselves later to be taking the mickey though, I'd have given him a spare AP rifle and told him to keep it by for me )

After Infected and Cure I felt I could do them again, improve on my time e.t.c, but after Khittomer I just feel like I never want to see the damn place ever again. Way too much of a slog and putting nodes in stupid places doesn;t make it harder persay, it just makes it more annoying.

The final boss did drop some really really nice engines though.

At any rate big thank you to the peeps who came along, and chuffed we downed it.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-15-2010, 02:46 AM
After nearly 6 hours of playing, my group (consisting of Liberated Borg), managed to defeat Donatra and save the day.

Part 1: This was a challange, but we managed to succeed with only 4 Probes making it through the gate. Destroying the cubes in the gate really helped.

Part 2: Too easy. Be nice if the Borg were moving towards a goal, where you have to intercept them.

Part 3: Beaming down to the city, it would be nice if we had to travel to the cave, else its wasting the zone.

The Borg Complex, this really ****ed us all off and was really disappointed in Cryptic. Because the layout was practically rehash of the mines we had missions with in the lower tiers. And the Borg were insanely tough. And there was a ton of them that we were dying left and right. Some people were getting killed in 2 shots.

Frankly, this zone is nothing but zerging and nobody enjoyed it. We all joked around that if Death Penalty was implemented, we all would be Ensigns again.

But Cryptic, I'm disappointed that you can't think of anything beyind Zerg Tactics. Lets get some interesting situations going okay?

Now what really ****ed us all off the most was after we dropped the Power nodes, how there was literally hundreds of Borg, zerging us. Not only that, our respawn was reset to the beginning of the complex, along with the Borg. Which made it near impossible to get to the Boss.

After painstakingly clearing all those borg, again, we got to the boss and them zerging us out of the room. (Geez, Borg Zer, Player Zerg! This is the mainstay of STO gameplay - Zerging. We Zerg in Infected, We Zerg in Cure, and We Zerg here! I probably died more times doing Part 3 than I did in 10 years of MMOs!

Part 4: Easy

Part 5: Easy

Storyline: Its good, I give it a B+. Though I like to know how Donatra went from Iconia to becoming a Borg.

Gameplay: An F. This zone is still buggy, and the Zerging is just too stupid. Guaranteed, players are not going to repeat this mission. They will do Cure or Infected.

BTW, Nobody has found the Borg BO, but yet we all unlocked the Assimilation Acolade. So nice Cryptic was pulling our leg in promise of a new and unique Borg BO.
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWulf
After Infected and Cure I felt I could do them again, improve on my time e.t.c, but after Khittomer I just feel like I never want to see the damn place ever again. Way too much of a slog and putting nodes in stupid places doesn;t make it harder persay, it just makes it more annoying.
Funny, that's how I felt about The Cure.

Apart from the bugs and too much Borg-zerging in ground combat, Khitomer Accord instantly became my favourite STF.
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-15-2010, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
The Borg Complex, this really ****ed us all off and was really disappointed in Cryptic. Because the layout was practically rehash of the mines we had missions with in the lower tiers. And the Borg were insanely tough. And there was a ton of them that we were dying left and right. Some people were getting killed in 2 shots.

Frankly, this zone is nothing but zerging and nobody enjoyed it. We all joked around that if Death Penalty was implemented, we all would be Ensigns again.

But Cryptic, I'm disappointed that you can't think of anything beyind Zerg Tactics. Lets get some interesting situations going okay?

Now what really ****ed us all off the most was after we dropped the Power nodes, how there was literally hundreds of Borg, zerging us. Not only that, our respawn was reset to the beginning of the complex, along with the Borg. Which made it near impossible to get to the Boss.

After painstakingly clearing all those borg, again, we got to the boss and them zerging us out of the room. (Geez, Borg Zer, Player Zerg! This is the mainstay of STO gameplay - Zerging. We Zerg in Infected, We Zerg in Cure, and We Zerg here! I probably died more times doing Part 3 than I did in 10 years of MMOs!

BTW, Nobody has found the Borg BO, but yet we all unlocked the Assimilation Acolade. So nice Cryptic was pulling our leg in promise of a new and unique Borg BO.
Been told that the borg bo isn't in the game yet because it was still crashing people or something.

You don't need to zerg this, you just need to go forward slowly and use pulling tactics. For example in the generator room, move in, kill a node, then backup to the doorway and let them come to you. Rinse and repeat. After you take down the last generator a bunch of non noded borg spawn, so make sure the last generator you destroy is on the second floor so you can quickly backup to the doorway. Only thing I can suggest for the miniboss is get a plasma grenade in the doorway or a forcefield dome.

Its perfectly possible to do this fighting only 1 group at a time, except for the mini boss. As for people being 2 shotted, make sure everyone is wearing energy dampening armor.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobkyou
Been told that the borg bo isn't in the game yet because it was still crashing people or something.

You don't need to zerg this, you just need to go forward slowly and use pulling tactics. For example in the generator room, move in, kill a node, then backup to the doorway and let them come to you. Rinse and repeat. After you take down the last generator a bunch of non noded borg spawn, so make sure the last generator you destroy is on the second floor so you can quickly backup to the doorway. Only thing I can suggest for the miniboss is get a plasma grenade in the doorway or a forcefield dome.

Its perfectly possible to do this fighting only 1 group at a time, except for the mini boss. As for people being 2 shotted, make sure everyone is wearing energy dampening armor.
Yeah, just read it. And I'm happy that was the secret.

But the thing is, you have no choice but to zerg if your respawning at the beginning and not at the respawn point by the transporter. And the group having to stop what they are doing to clear the way to get to you, which isn't fair (not to mention a pain in the keester).

But it was just plain frustrating being attacked by literally hundreds of borg. It would be a disaster if the death penaltiy was implemented.

As for the Boss, yes it was pretty easy. But you have to destroy the 2 nodes behind Donatra's alcove to get the kill.