Lt. Commander
# 11
04-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Definatley easier.
Now im not one to back away from a challenge, in fact ive slain some of the most impossible monsters in MMO's with cunning and tactics.
But even just being on "Infected" is awful.... unless you are an "uber team" you have absolutely no chance at all.
Me and four of my fleet mates spent "3 hours" last night trying to do Infected, and we never even got further than the first boss monster room, and we didnt even manage to clear it out.
I agree that endgame content should be difficult, but catering to the super specialized and no-life players is just wrong.
If Cryptic wants that kind of content in the game they should just add some pure boss dungeons, like in other MMO's, no storyline or anything, just a dungeon with a super hard boss that drops epic loot.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence
I'm far more concerned about the absolute lack of people willing to even do Infected or the Cure now. The STFs are considered too much grief and too hardcore for a majority of the population.
Part of the problem is that it's easy once you know what hoops you have to jump through, but they're arbitrary and annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-15-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Definatley easier.
Now im not one to back away from a challenge, in fact ive slain some of the most impossible monsters in MMO's with cunning and tactics.
But even just being on "Infected" is awful.... unless you are an "uber team" you have absolutely no chance at all.
Me and four of my fleet mates spent "3 hours" last night trying to do Infected, and we never even got further than the first boss monster room, and we didnt even manage to clear it out.
I agree that endgame content should be difficult, but catering to the super specialized and no-life players is just wrong.
If Cryptic wants that kind of content in the game they should just add some pure boss dungeons, like in other MMO's, no storyline or anything, just a dungeon with a super hard boss that drops epic loot.
One thing you might want to try (if you want to bother doing it again - I really don't consider my successful run to be well-spent hours of my life) in the midboss room is staying back by the door and only entering as far as you need to to get LoS on the interlink nodes. The spawning reinforcements tend not to aggro then. Somewhat silly and not the sort of thing that would be sensical in-universe, but that appears to be STFs for ya.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Easer or not, some changes need to be do on STF´s

1) 3 Players and 2 BO to do STF´s could be a good way to help some teams, we tried with 5 Engineers.. no chances to do Infected, great frustration to spend 3-4 Hours fo... nothing...

2) Klingons and Federation should be authorized to play on a same team....

3) All STF´s are standalone, and independant each other

4) 2 Modes : Normal and Epic...
for Hardcore Gamer Epic, with more loots, more difficult,
and a Normal mode for Casual, Pick Up teams to have fun to play together without having an optimized team.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-15-2010, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
One thing you might want to try (if you want to bother doing it again - I really don't consider my successful run to be well-spent hours of my life) in the midboss room is staying back by the door and only entering as far as you need to to get LoS on the interlink nodes. The spawning reinforcements tend not to aggro then. Somewhat silly and not the sort of thing that would be sensical in-universe, but that appears to be STFs for ya.
It wouldnt be quite as bad though if the Nodes didnt regenerate every time the team is dead.
I think we spent a good 30 minutes or more on just getting a single node down permanently. >.<
But yeah ill probally try again.... i too much want to get that famed Borg BO from the new STF :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-15-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamane

2) Klingons and Federation should be authorized to play on a same team....

this is probably easiest done. a "quick win" for the Cryptic crew, make it so Devs!
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Pavehawk pretty much said it all. Hopefull the braindead feebs in charge of these things will read this post and realize that the majority of the playing (what's left of it) can't stand ANY of these STFs. They're just plain stupid. I think 3rd graders could have come up with better ideas that would be more fun and not just make you want to run of the roof of the nearest building.

I'll add this one more thought to what's been said the loot drops are NO WHERE NEAR THE IRRITATION AND TIME you have to put in. I mean...1 rare drop for...1?!??!?!?!?!? btw..the 4 of you..thanks for coming along and getting me loot but go home now. What a stupid idea. Shouldn't there be the "UBER" item and then some moderate type items so that EVERYONE gets a little somethig and they don't feel like it was a complete waste of time to play? And btw...that "UBER" loot we get now...its so "UBER".

And now that I've heard what you pretty much get from KA, I don't give a rats ass if I ever do it. Just not worth the effort and time. Thanks Cryptic I'm so very disappointed in this horrible game you've pawned off on us all. Unfinished, stupidly designed, full of bugs and has no real sense of direction or purpose. And I expected so much better from the creators of CoH, a game I played and really enjoyed for several years. Guess I should have expected such crap after Beta testing Champions!
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurianNL View Post
I agree with the thread, make it more accesible AND easier
QFT .
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-20-2010, 06:05 PM
I canceled my subscription after banging my head against the wall for 4 days straight trying to get a successful infected group. I've been playing MMOs for over 10 years and have beat every hard-mode dungeon a dev could throw at me. The STFs aren't really that hard they are just annoying and stupid. After I finally cheated my way into beating Infected by hiding behind a wall and soloing the last boss I tried The Cure. The first group i got was actually a good group of guys and we got to the ground boss without too much trouble. I found the nodes on the wall to be very random and just not fun. When we finally took down the borg boss by basically just running at it over and over after dying continuously for 30 minutes Ja'rod was missing and we didn't get credit. That was 4 hours of my life down the drain.

Since these STFs are the only thing to do in 'endgame' they really need to make them more accessible. I don't feel like logging on every night to fail over and over again.

I'll give the game another go in a few months to see if they have fixed anything I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Agree w/most of the posts here

Infected is pretty simple for the most part..I mean yea you die a few times on the way to the end, but overall alot easier than cure. The endboss is a different story...Usually you have one medic on a team, which my toon is that, and there is no way in hell i can keep up with the DPS the boss throws out. Usually have to hide in the corner, and yes cheat, to beat her. Thats the only way i've gotten it finished in my 3 tries out of 100 or so lol.

As for the cure..one time I've made it to the end boss on the ground, out of maybe 50 tries so far. That was with a fleet group and we couldnt take him down, 3 tacs/1eng and me the sci. Got him down to 25% but then the group wiped, and I was tanking him. I've heard its easier for 2 sci to beat him...but I haven't even gotten past the first set of 4 transmitters w/another group since. Its a combination of paitence, and luck (a large quantity of that, imo) to get past that. Most groups i've been in trie several to a dozen times then just call it, or log. And thats not even at the second set of transmitters. Now I'm no novice, run 3 toons each an RA, purple gear too. I'm not a hardcore player..I mean yea I log in a few hours every night, but don't spend days playing, and I still can't get past that.

To be completely honest I've kinda just given up doing them. If an opprotunity arises I'll run them..but imo the rewards don't justify the stress, frustration, and downright just BLAH they take to get done. Yay! 7 missions for 35 medals to get a weapon that does a bit more damage versus borg...thats it? And half the reward drops don't equal the gear I'm already wearing (yes the purple reward drops from infected) so I just don't see the logic. Instead I do fleet actions, make myself a mill or so on loot, and buy what I need. Besides..at least those can be completed, w/o too much frustration.