Lt. Commander
# 371
04-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
That's your opinion and your entitled to it, but the community members who posted in this thread asked for these products to be in the C-Store, so obviously, not everyone agrees with you, sorry, and also, none of the items in the list affect Gameplay in any way, it's all what the community has come to call "fluff", which is what is acceptably purchasable via the C-Store.
I'm part of the community, and I posted to this thread, and I disagree totally with the entire notion of game-item microtransactions of any kind (including "fluff") in a monthly fee based MMO.

So sorry, not everyone agrees with you either. :p
Lt. Commander
# 372
04-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Sorry but almost all MMO's charge subscription fees and charge you for content. You pay for expansions in other MMO's. It's worked that way for years. Micro-transactions are in all the popular MMO's now.
Lt. Commander
# 373 Opinions...
04-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJimGregory View Post
So sorry, not everyone agrees with you either. :p
That's really not a problem, all I was attempting to state in my previous post, was simply that the community members who don't agree with the C-Store are entitled to their opinion, and that the community members who do agree with the C-Store are also entitled to their opinion.

I also want you to know that both the negative posters feedback and the positive posters feedback in this thread are extremely helpful, not to me, but to Cryptic. Some posts are more helpful than others, but the point is that everyone is entitled to voice their feedback on the C-Store and the C-Store products within this thread.

Also, please bear in mind that no where within the OP does it state that any of the C-Store product suggestions from the community should have a price tag on them, or be for free, at the end of the day, that is Cryptics prerogative.

If you read through this thread, you would realise that what I have done, is gather feedback from the community members who have purchased C-Store products as well as those community members who have not paid for C-Store products because they have stated that there are no products within the C-Store that they are interested in.

So then I ask them a number of questions which are located within the OP, my favourite question is number #5 (What are your Suggestions for future C-Store Products?), and then once the community has provided their feedback and suggestions, I turn it into something positive.

I co-ordinate all of the feedback and suggestions, then list them within the OP, making it extremely easy for the Devs to see what the community really does want to spend their CP on, which in helps Cryptic make the extra money they need to hire new staff, get more content created faster, more updates released faster and will also give Cryptic a better chance of being able to afford the Star Trek actors / actresses fees, which allows for future voice over work, and in return helps the community by providing a better, quicker, more efficient driven content filled game.
Lt. Commander
# 374
04-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
That's really not a problem, all I was attempting to state in my previous post, was simply that the community members who don't agree with the C-Store are entitled to their opinion, and that the community members who do agree with the C-Store are also entitled to their opinion.

(snip)

Fair enough.
Lt. Commander
# 375 TOS Bridge News Update!
04-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Here's a quote from dstahl, taken from the classic bridge pack thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
There have been several discussions about a TOS bridge - however we do not have a TOS ship interior kit yet either so it would take some significant resources to make and there just aren't that many missions that take place in the past (yet). I wouldn't be surprised to see these bridges as C-Store items down the road.
Lt. Commander

Feedback Results!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
What I would like to see in the C-store and only in the C-store is a race/trait re customization.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qurgh View Post
Character Titles:

Klingon ranks in Klingon!

lagh (ensign)
Sogh (lieutenant)
la' (commander)
HoD (captain)
Sa' (general)
'aj (admiral)

These ranks should come after the characters name (eg: qurgh HoD, qurgh la', etc)

Klingon Pets:

Targ (or a way to make my targ pet grow up... breedable targs would be amazing!)
Jackel Mastiff
Lizard Monster Dog

Klingon uniforms:

Command cloak (like Krugh wore in STIII)
Now Updating the OP with the New Information!

If you can think of any further products / content you would like to see in the C-Store, please post your feedback and suggestions, thanks.

If you are interested, I have some home work for you all, it will help a great deal and it'll be fun!
  1. Research and Post the Names or Pictures of Playable Races and Bridge Officer Races you want.
  2. Research and Post the Names or Pictures of Uniform Options you want.
  3. Research and Post the Names or Pictures of Off-Duty Clothing Options you want.
  4. Research and Post the Names or Pictures of Pets you want.
  5. Research and Post the Names or Pictures of Starship skins you want.
  6. Research and Post the Names or Pictures of Bridges you want.
Lt. Commander
# 377
04-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Here's the full list of Klingon ranks as written in Marc Okrand's Klingon for the Galactic Traveler:

'aj (admiral)
Sa' (general)
totlh (commodore)
'ech (bridadier)
HoD (captain)
la' (commander)
Sogh (lieutenant)
lagh (ensign)
ne' (yoeman)

There are also ranks for non-commissioned QaS (troops):

bu' (sergeant)
Da' (corporal)

Note: The Klingon spellings of these ranks are correct. Klingon words do not follow English capitalization rules. Only the Klingon letters D, H, S and I capitalized and they are always capitalized (except for the h in gh and ch).

For an example of a Klingon command cloak look at this picture: http://twitpic.com/4qtds. The Klingon on the left (is me) is wearing a command cloak.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by qurgh View Post
For an example of a Klingon command cloak look at this picture: http://twitpic.com/4qtds. The Klingon on the left (is me) is wearing a command cloak.
Thank you for the feedback you have provided so far, it has been extremely helpful and I also found a number of images of Klingons wearing the Command Cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 379 OP Update!
04-15-2010, 09:58 AM
The OP has now been updated with the New Information from the STO Community!

Quote:
The STO Community would like the following list of Suggested Products to be in the C-Store.

Titles:
Uniforms:
Pets:
  • F - Jackal Mastiff.
  • F - Puppy / Dog (Native to Qo'noS).

Other:
  • F - Faction, Gender, Race and Trait changes.
Lt. Commander
The poll is now live, please click HERE to view the poll thread, thank you.